- A randomized clinical trial of cognitive processing therapy for veterans with PTSD related to military sexual traumaAlina Suris
VA North Texas Health Care System, Mental Health Service, Dallas, TX 75216, USA
J Trauma Stress 26:28-37. 2013....
- Interfering with the reconsolidation of traumatic memory: sirolimus as a novel agent for treating veterans with posttraumatic stress disorderAlina Suris
VA North Texas Health Care System, Department of Psychiatry, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, USA
Ann Clin Psychiatry 25:33-40. 2013..Established preclinical research using protein synthesis inhibitors (such as sirolimus) to interfere with fear memory reconsolidation provides a compelling rationale for investigation in humans...
- Predictors of suicidal ideation in veterans with PTSD related to military sexual traumaAlina Suris
Department of Veterans Affairs, VA North Texas Health Care System and University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX 75216, USA
J Trauma Stress 24:605-8. 2011..Hyperarousal symptom severity, however, was found in a separate multiple regression model to contribute independently to the prediction of SI controlling for depressive symptom severity...
- Effects of exogenous glucocorticoid on combat-related PTSD symptomsAlina Suris
VA North Texas Health Care System, Department of Psychiatry, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX 75216, USA
Ann Clin Psychiatry 22:274-9. 2010..The current study aims to assess the effectiveness of glucocorticoids in augmenting memory extinction and reducing clinical symptoms in veterans with combat-related PTSD...
- Effectiveness of supported employment for veterans with spinal cord injuries: results from a randomized multisite studyLisa Ottomanelli
Veterans Affairs VA North Texas Health Care System, Dallas, TX, USA
Arch Phys Med Rehabil 93:740-7. 2012..To examine whether supported employment (SE) is more effective than treatment as usual (TAU) in returning veterans to competitive employment after spinal cord injury (SCI)...
- Mental health, quality of life, and health functioning in women veterans: differential outcomes associated with military and civilian sexual assaultAlina Suris
North Texas Health Care System, Dallas, TX, USA
J Interpers Violence 22:179-97. 2007..The study sample was comparable to a national random sample of women veterans who access care in the Veterans Affairs healthcare system, increasing the generalizibility of the results...
- Sexual assault in women veterans: an examination of PTSD risk, health care utilization, and cost of careAlina Suris
Department of Veterans Affairs, Research Service, North Texas Health Care System, Dallas, Texas 75216, USA
Psychosom Med 66:749-56. 2004..It also examines the relationship of military sexual assault (MSA) to service utilization and health care costs among women who access services through Veterans Affairs (VA)...
- Military sexual trauma: a review of prevalence and associated health consequences in veteransAlina Suris
Department of Veterans Affairs, North Texas Health Care System, Dallas, USA
Trauma Violence Abuse 9:250-69. 2008..Researchers are encouraged to utilize standardized definitions of MST, employ standardized assessment methodology, and utilize more male veterans in future research. Policy and practice implications are discussed...
- Methods of a multisite randomized clinical trial of supported employment among veterans with spinal cord injuryLisa Ottomanelli
VA North Texas Health Care System Spinal Cord Injury Center, 4500 S Lancaster Road 128, Dallas, TX 75216, USA
J Rehabil Res Dev 46:919-30. 2009..Forthcoming outcome data will provide much needed insights into the best practices for helping these veterans restore vocational goals and improve overall quality of life...
- Distinguishing distress and psychopathology among survivors of the Oakland/Berkeley firestormCarol S North
University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Department of Psychiatry, Dallas, TX 75390 8828, USA
Psychiatry 71:35-45. 2008..The choice of research focus and methods can provide very different portraits of outcomes post-disaster...