Affiliation: SUNY Upstate Medical University
- Structural and functional dichotomy of human midcingulate cortexBrent A Vogt
Cingulum NeuroSciences Institute and Cingulate NeuroTherapeutics, 4435 Stephanie Drive, Manlius, NY 13104, USA
Eur J Neurosci 18:3134-44. 2003..The MCC dichotomy suggests that two circuits differentially regulate the two cingulate motor areas, and involvement of aMCC in pain and fear make it selectively vulnerable to chronic pain and stress syndromes...
- Cytology of human dorsal midcingulate and supplementary motor corticesBrent A Vogt
Cingulate NeuroTherapeutics, 4435 Stephanie Drive, Manlius, NY 13104, USA
J Chem Neuroanat 26:301-9. 2003..Since many acute pain studies activate dorsal MCC, understanding the architecture of this region will help explain its selective vulnerability to chronic pain and stress syndromes...
- Norepinephrinergic afferents and cytology of the macaque monkey midline, mediodorsal, and intralaminar thalamic nucleiBrent A Vogt
Cingulum NeuroSciences Institute and SUNY Upstate Medical University, 4435 Stephanie Drive, Manlius, NY, USA
Brain Struct Funct 212:465-79. 2008..The well established role of cingulate cortex in premotor functions and the projections of Pf and other MITN to the limbic striatum suggests a specific role in mediating motor outflow for the LC-innervated nuclei of the MITN...
- Distribution and properties of visceral nociceptive neurons in rabbit cingulate cortexRobert W Sikes
Northeastern University, Department of Physical Therapy, 360 Huntington Avenue, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Pain 135:160-74. 2008....
- Placebo analgesia is not due to compliance or habituation: EEG and behavioural evidenceAlison Watson
Human Pain Research Group, University of Manchester, Institute of Neuroscience, Hope Hospital, Salford, UK
Neuroreport 18:771-5. 2007..The results indicate that the reduction in pain during experimental placebo response is unlikely to be due to sensory habituation or compliance with the experimental instructions...
- Posterior cingulate, precuneal and retrosplenial cortices: cytology and components of the neural network correlates of consciousnessBrent A Vogt
Cingulum NeuroSciences Institute and SUNY Upstate Medical University Syracuse, NY 13210, USA
Prog Brain Res 150:205-17. 2005....
- Cytology and functionally correlated circuits of human posterior cingulate areasBrent A Vogt
Cingulum NeuroSciences Institute and SUNY Upstate Medical University, 750 E Adams Street, Syracuse, NY 13210, USA
Neuroimage 29:452-66. 2006....
- Pain and emotion interactions in subregions of the cingulate gyrusBrent A Vogt
Cingulum NeuroSciences Institute and SUNY Upstate Medical University, Department of Neuroscience and Physiology, 4435 Stephanie Drive, Manlius, New York 13104, USA
Nat Rev Neurosci 6:533-44. 2005..Here, we assess pain and emotion in each cingulate subregion, and assess whether pain is co-localized with negative affect. Amazingly, these activation patterns do not simply overlap...
- Architecture and neurocytology of monkey cingulate gyrusBrent A Vogt
Cingulum NeuroSciences Institute, Manlius, New York 13104, USA
J Comp Neurol 485:218-39. 2005..This major revision of the architectural organization of monkey cingulate cortex provides a new context for connection studies and for devising models of neuron diseases...
- Isolated executive impairment and associated frontal neuropathologyJulene K Johnson
Department of Neurology and Memory and Aging Center, University of California, San Francisco, Calif, USA
Dement Geriatr Cogn Disord 17:360-7. 2004....
- Distribution of ORL-1 receptor binding and receptor-activated G-proteins in rat forebrain and their experimental localization in anterior cingulate cortexLaura J Sim-Selley
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Virginia Commonwealth University Medical College of Virginia, Richmond, VA 23298, USA
Neuropharmacology 45:220-30. 2003..These data demonstrate that ORL-1 receptors in layer V of anterior cingulate cortex are located on somatodendritic elements and that deafferentation increases ORL-1 receptor binding...
- Sex-related differences in IBS patients: central processing of visceral stimuliBruce D Naliboff
Center for Neurovisceral Sciences and Women s Health, UCLA School of Medicine, CURE Building, 115 Room 223, 11301 Wilshire Boulevard, Los Angeles, CA 90073, USA
Gastroenterology 124:1738-47. 2003..The aim of this study was to determine possible sex-related differences in brain responses to a visceral and a psychological stressor in IBS...
- Alterations of brain activity associated with resolution of emotional distress and pain in a case of severe irritable bowel syndromeDouglas A Drossman
UNC Center for Functional GI and Motility Disorders, Division of Digestive Diseases and Department of Radiology and Biomedical Engineering, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27599, USA
Gastroenterology 124:754-61. 2003..We also found that clinical and psychosocial improvement was associated with reduced cingulate activation...
- Cellular localization of cannabinoid receptors and activated G-proteins in rat anterior cingulate cortexLaura J Sim-Selley
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology and Institute for Drug and Alcohol Studies, Box 980524, Virginia Commonwealth University Medical College of Virginia, Richmond, VA 23298, USA
Life Sci 71:2217-26. 2002....
- Knocking out the DREAM to study painBrent A Vogt
State University of New York Upstate Medical University, Syracuse, NY 13210, USA
N Engl J Med 347:362-4. 2002
- Dorsal anterior cingulate cortex: a role in reward-based decision makingGeorge Bush
Department of Psychiatry, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 99:523-8. 2002..These findings should be of interest to those studying reward, cognition, emotion, motivation, and motor control...
- Medial Pain Inputs to Monkey Anterior Cingulate CortexBrent Vogt; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- MULTIFOCAL NEURODEGENERATION IN ALZHEIMER'S DISEASEBrent Vogt; Fiscal Year: 2002....