Nancy J Roizen
Affiliation: SUNY Upstate Medical University
- Down's syndromeNancy J Roizen
Department of Pediatrics, SUNY Upstate Medical University, Syracuse, NY 13210, USA
Lancet 361:1281-9. 2003..Approaches and outcomes differ throughout the world...
- Nongenetic causes of hearing lossNancy J Roizen
Division of Neurosciences, SUNY Upstate Medical University, Syracuse, New York 13210, USA
Ment Retard Dev Disabil Res Rev 9:120-7. 2003..Preventable causes of hearing loss include those caused by head trauma, noise, and ototoxic medications. Identification of the etiology of hearing loss can facilitate the development of a treatment and management plan...
- Improving guideline adherence for the diagnosis of ADHD in an ambulatory pediatric settingBrad G Olson
Department of Pediatrics, SUNY Upstate Medical University, Syracuse, NY 13202, USA
Ambul Pediatr 5:138-42. 2005..However, implementation of guidelines has been notoriously difficult to achieve in the wider context of changing individual physicians' clinical practice...
- ADHD, major depressive disorder, and simple phobias are prevalent psychiatric conditions in youth with velocardiofacial syndromeKevin M Antshel
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, State University of New York Upstate Medical University, Syracuse, 13210, USA
J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry 45:596-603. 2006..To examine prevalence rates of psychopathology in children with velocardiofacial syndrome (VCFS)...
- Comfort level of pediatricians and family medicine physicians diagnosing and treating child and adolescent psychiatric disordersWanda P Fremont
Department of Psychiatry, SUNY Upstate Medical University, Syracuse, NY 12310, USA
Int J Psychiatry Med 38:153-68. 2008..However, little is known about the comfort level of these physicians with the diagnosis and treatment of psychiatric disorders in children...
- Medical care and monitoring for the adolescent with Down syndromeNancy J Roizen
Division of Neuroscience, Department of Pediatrics, Upstate Medical University, Syracuse, New York 13210, USA
Adolesc Med 13:345-58, vii. 2002..Psychiatric and behavioral problems may compromise the adolescent's opportunities. Sexuality and the associated issues of abuse, pregnancy, and menstrual hygiene must be addressed...
- Complementary and alternative therapies for Down syndromeNancy J Roizen
Department of Pediatrics, SUNY Upstate Medical University, Syracuse, New York 13210, USA
Ment Retard Dev Disabil Res Rev 11:149-55. 2005..Medications for treatment of Alzheimer's disease may also result in benefit for the population of individuals with Down syndrome...
- 22q11.2 deletion syndrome: are motor deficits more than expected for IQ level?Nancy J Roizen
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, the Center for the Diagnosis, Treatment, and Study of Velo Cardio Facial Syndrome and the Communications Disorder Unit, State University of New York Upstate Medical University, Syracuse, NY, USA
J Pediatr 157:658-61. 2010..To examine motor function in children with 22q11.2 deletion syndrome (22q11.2) and a Full Scale IQ (FSIQ) comparable control group...
- 22q11.2DS deletion syndrome: developmental milestones in infants and toddlersNancy J Roizen
Department of Developmental and Rehabilitation Pediatrics, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, Ohio, USA
J Dev Behav Pediatr 28:119-24. 2007..2DS) have learning disabilities, and a substantial number have mental retardation. Although cognitive data have been reported on several samples of children with 22q11.2DS, data on their early developmental milestones are limited...