Melissa W Ko
Affiliation: SUNY Upstate Medical University
- Acute promyelocytic leukemic involvement of the optic nerves following mitoxantrone treatment for multiple sclerosisMelissa W Ko
Department of Neurology, State University of New York Upstate Medical University, Syracuse, NY, United States
J Neurol Sci 273:144-7. 2008..We report a patient with history of multiple sclerosis who developed bilateral optic nerve involvement as the primary manifestation of APML relapse following mitoxantrone treatment...
- Primary diffuse leptomeningeal gliomatosis mimicking a chronic inflammatory meningitisMelissa W Ko
Department of Neurology, State University of New York Upstate Medical University, Syracuse, NY 13202, USA
J Neurol Sci 278:127-31. 2009....
- Idiopathic intracranial hypertensionMelissa W Ko
Departments of Neurology and Ophthalmology, Upstate Medical University, 90 Presidential Plaza, Syracuse, NY, 13202, USA
Curr Treat Options Neurol 13:101-8. 2011....
- Weight gain and recurrence in idiopathic intracranial hypertension: a case-control studyM W Ko
UHCC Neurology, 90 Presidential Plaza, Syracuse, NY 13202, USA
Neurology 76:1564-7. 2011..To determine whether weight gain is associated with recurrence in idiopathic intracranial hypertension (IIH)...
- Visual improvement after optic nerve sheath decompression in a case of congenital hydrocephalus and persistent visual loss despite intracranial pressure correction via shuntingBryant P Carruth
Department of Ophthalmology, SUNY Upstate Medical University, Syracuse, New York 13210, USA
Ophthal Plast Reconstr Surg 26:297-8. 2010....
- Pediatric idiopathic intracranial hypertension (pseudotumor cerebri)Melissa W Ko
Neuro Ophthalmology Services of the State University of New York at Upstate Medical University, Syracuse, NY, USA
Horm Res Paediatr 74:381-9. 2010..This review discusses the demographics, clinical presentation, diagnosis, neuroimaging, and management of pediatric IIH. Common etiologies of IIH in children, with particular focus on endocrine abnormalities, are highlighted...
- Supranuclear vertical gaze abnormalities in sporadic Creutzfeldt-Jakob diseaseSashank Prasad
Department of Neurology, Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia 19104, United States
J Neurol Sci 253:69-72. 2007..Both patients were found to have sporadic CJD after genetic testing. Distinguishing familial from sporadic CJD in this setting has important genetic and epidemiological implications...
- Papilledema as a manifestation of a spinal subdural abscessMelissa W Ko
Department of Neurology, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA, United States
J Neurol Sci 260:288-92. 2007..The increased intracranial pressure associated with lumbar spinal cord abscess most likely results from a markedly elevated cerebrospinal fluid (CSF) protein or the disruption of CSF flow in the spinal cul-de-sac...
- Neuro-ophthalmologic manifestations of paraneoplastic syndromesMelissa W Ko
Department of Neurology, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
J Neuroophthalmol 28:58-68. 2008..Most of these disorders are related to immunologic mechanisms presumably triggered by the neoplastic expression of neuronal proteins. Accurate recognition is essential to appropriate management...