Affiliation: SUNY Upstate Medical University
- G-protein-coupled receptor agonists activate endogenous phospholipase Cepsilon and phospholipase Cbeta3 in a temporally distinct mannerGrant G Kelley
Department of Medicine and Pharmacology, State University of New York Upstate Medical University, Syracuse, New York 13210, USA
J Biol Chem 281:2639-48. 2006..Activation of these PLC isoforms displays agonist-specific temporal profiles; however, PLCbeta3 is predominantly involved in acute and PLCepsilon in sustained PI hydrolysis...
- Hormonal regulation of phospholipase Cepsilon through distinct and overlapping pathways involving G12 and Ras family G-proteinsGrant G Kelley
Department of Medicine, SUNY Upstate Medical University, 750 East Adams Street, Syracuse, NY 13210, USA
Biochem J 378:129-39. 2004..In addition, the stimulation by LPA and S1P is also partly sensitive to pertussis toxin. These studies demonstrate diverse hormonal regulation of PLCepsilon by distinct and overlapping pathways...
- Positional cloning uncovers mutations in PLCE1 responsible for a nephrotic syndrome variant that may be reversibleBernward Hinkes
Department of Pediatrics, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109, USA
Nat Genet 38:1397-405. 2006..These findings, together with the zebrafish model of human nephrotic syndrome generated by plce1 knockdown, open new inroads into pathophysiology and treatment mechanisms of nephrotic syndrome...
- Involvement of phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase, but not RalGDS, in TC21/R-Ras2-mediated transformationGretchen A Murphy
Department of Pharmacology and Lineberger Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27599 7295, USA
J Biol Chem 277:9966-75. 2002..Finally, unlike Ras, TC21 did not activate the Rac small GTPase, indicating that Ras may not activate Rac by PI3K. Taken together, these results suggest that PI3K, but not RalGDS, is an important mediator of cell proliferation by TC21...
- Phospholipase Cepsilon is a nexus for Rho and Rap-mediated G protein-coupled receptor-induced astrocyte proliferationSimona Citro
Department of Pharmacology, University of California at San Diego, La Jolla, CA 92093, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 104:15543-8. 2007..Thus, PLCepsilon serves to transduce mitogenic signals through a mechanism distinct from its role in generation of PLC-derived second messengers...
- Phospholipase C epsilon modulates beta-adrenergic receptor-dependent cardiac contraction and inhibits cardiac hypertrophyHuan Wang
Department of Pharmacology and Physiology, University of Rochester School of Medicine, Rochester, NY 14642, USA
Circ Res 97:1305-13. 2005....
- Involvement of the p97-Ufd1-Npl4 complex in the regulated endoplasmic reticulum-associated degradation of inositol 1,4,5-trisphosphate receptorsKamil J Alzayady
Departments of Pharmacology and Medicine, SUNY Upstate Medical University, Syracuse, New York 13210 2339, USA
J Biol Chem 280:34530-7. 2005..These data also establish that the p97-Ufd1-Npl4 complex mediates endoplasmic reticulum-associated degradation in mammalian cells...
- Genetic and pharmacologic dissection of Ras effector utilization in oncogenesisPaul M Campbell
Department of Pharmacology, Lineberger Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, North Carolina, USA
Methods Enzymol 407:195-217. 2006....
- Purification of phospholipase C beta and phospholipase C epsilon from Sf9 cellsMousumi Ghosh
Department of Pharmacology and Physiology, University of Rochester School of Medicine, NY, USA
Methods Mol Biol 237:55-64. 2004..6-His-tagged PLC epsilon can be purified in a single step with nickel nitrilotriacetic acid-agarose (Ni-NTA) affinity chromatography...
- Epac-mediated activation of phospholipase C(epsilon) plays a critical role in beta-adrenergic receptor-dependent enhancement of Ca2+ mobilization in cardiac myocytesEmily A Oestreich
Department of Pharmacology, University of Rochester School of Medicine, Rochester, New York 14642, USA
J Biol Chem 282:5488-95. 2007..These data define a novel endogenous PKA-independent betaAR-signaling pathway through cAMP-dependent Epac activation, Rap, and PLC(epsilon) that enhances intracellular Ca(2+) release in cardiac myocytes...