Affiliation: SUNY Upstate Medical University
- Regulatory failure contributing to deaths of live kidney donorsA L Friedman
Department of Surgery, Division of Transplantation, SUNY Upstate Medical University, Syracuse, NY, USA
Am J Transplant 12:829-34. 2012..The Hem-o-lok and other surgical clips must not be used to control the donor renal artery...
- Early clinical and economic outcomes of patients undergoing living donor nephrectomy in the United StatesAmy L Friedman
Department of Surgery, SUNY Upstate Medical University, Syracuse, NY 13210, USA
Arch Surg 145:356-62; discussion 362. 2010..Case series and center surveys exist, but national aggregate data are lacking. We sought to determine predictors of early clinical and economic outcomes following living donor nephrectomy...
- Patient access to transplantation with an Internet-identified live kidney donor: a survey of U.S. centersAmy L Friedman
Section of Organ Transplantation and Immunology, New Haven, CT, USA
Transplantation 85:794-8. 2008....
- Fatal and nonfatal hemorrhagic complications of living kidney donationAmy L Friedman
Department of Surgery, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT 06520, USA
Ann Surg 243:126-30. 2006....
- Payment for living organ donation should be legalisedAmy L Friedman
Section of Organ Transplantation and Immunology, Yale University School of Medicine, 333 Cedar Street, New Haven CT 06520, USA
BMJ 333:746-8. 2006
- A randomized trial comparing losartan with amlodipine as initial therapy for hypertension in the early post-transplant periodRichard N Formica
Department of Medicine Section of Nephrology, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT 06511 8029, USA
Nephrol Dial Transplant 21:1389-94. 2006..Additionally, there are theoretical benefits of ARB use in RTR. This study was designed to investigate the safety of early ARB use after renal transplantation...
- Image of the month. Obtain a biopsy specimen of the hepatic massAmy L Friedman
Section of Organ Transplantation and Immunology, Department of Surgery, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT 06520, USA
Arch Surg 138:1025. 2003
- Renal transplant recipients over aged 60 have diminished immune activity and a low risk of rejectionAmy L Friedman
Department of Surgery, Section of Organ Transplantation and Immunology, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT 06520, USA
Int Urol Nephrol 36:451-6. 2004..It seems logical to consider whether older renal transplant recipients may benefit from a less aggressive immunosuppression strategy...
- Treatment of osteoporosis and osteopenia in long-term renal transplant patients with alendronateDinna N Cruz
Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT 06520 8029, USA
Am J Transplant 2:62-7. 2002..Whether patients with lesser degrees of bone loss and/or patients without parameters of high bone turnover can also benefit from bisphosphonate therapy deserves further study...
- Live and deceased donor kidney transplantation in patients aged 75 years and older in the United StatesJeanne Macrae
Department of Medicine, Downstate Medical Center, New York 11203, USA
Int Urol Nephrol 37:641-8. 2005..To examine the outcomes of geriatric ESRD patients selected for kidney transplantation...
- Do not forget organ and tissue donationAmy L Friedman
Arch Surg 143:807; author reply 807-8. 2008
- Do we treat live donors as patients or commodities?Amy L Friedman
Transplantation 86:899-900. 2008
- Pancreas transplantation for type 2 diabetes at U.S. Transplant centersAmy L Friedman
Diabetes Care 25:1896. 2002
- WEB BASED RENAL TRANSPLANT PATIENT MEDICATION EDUCATIONAmy Friedman; Fiscal Year: 2006..It is hoped that better prescription comprehension and understanding of the transplant process will help patients improve their own compliance and troubleshoot errors made by other providers. ..