L F Lue
Affiliation: Sun Health Research Institute
- Involvement of microglial receptor for advanced glycation endproducts (RAGE) in Alzheimer's disease: identification of a cellular activation mechanismL F Lue
The Roberts Alzheimer s Disease Center, Sun Health Research Institute, Sun City, Arizona 85372, USA
Exp Neurol 171:29-45. 2001..These data suggest a positive feedback loop in which Abeta-RAGE-mediated microglial activation enhances expression of M-CSF and RAGE, possibly initiating an ascending spiral of cellular activation...
- Preventing activation of receptor for advanced glycation endproducts in Alzheimer's diseaseL F Lue
Laboratory of Neurovascular Inflammation, Sun Health Research Institute, Sun City, AZ 85351, USA
Curr Drug Targets CNS Neurol Disord 4:249-66. 2005..The potential for targeting RAGE mechanisms as therapeutic strategies for AD will be discussed...
- Estrogen enhances uptake of amyloid beta-protein by microglia derived from the human cortexR Li
Sun Health Research Institute, Sun City, Arizona 85351, USA
J Neurochem 75:1447-54. 2000..Thus, stimulation of the ER might contribute to the therapeutic action of estrogen in the treatment of AD...
- Inflammatory repertoire of Alzheimer's disease and nondemented elderly microglia in vitroL F Lue
Sun Health Research Institute, Sun City, Arizona 85372, USA
Glia 35:72-9. 2001..Taken together with previous in situ hybridization findings, these results demonstrate unequivocally that elderly human microglia provide a brain endogenous source for a wide range of inflammatory mediators...
- Gene expression profiling of amyloid beta peptide-stimulated human post-mortem brain microgliaD G Walker
Sun Health Research Institute, 10515 West Santa Fe Drive, Sun City, AZ 85351, USA
Neurobiol Aging 22:957-66. 2001..These results confirm the usefulness of the gene array approach for studying Abeta-mediated inflammatory processes...
- Microglial chemotaxis, activation, and phagocytosis of amyloid beta-peptide as linked phenomena in Alzheimer's diseaseJ Rogers
L J Roberts Center for Alzheimer s Research, Sun Health Research Institute, P O Box 1278, 10515 West Santa Fe Drive, Sun City, AZ 85372, USA
Neurochem Int 39:333-40. 2001..This presents a critical dilemma for strategies to remove A beta by enhancing micoglial activation--a dilemma that warrants substantial further investigation...
- Modeling microglial activation in Alzheimer's disease with human postmortem microglial culturesL F Lue
L J Roberts Alzheimer s Center, Sun Health Research Institute, 10515 W Santa Fe Dr, Sun City, AZ 85351, USA
Neurobiol Aging 22:945-56. 2001..Finally, our studies on the use of an Abeta spot paradigm to model microglia interactions with plaques demonstrated that many of the features of AD inflammation can be modeled with postmortem brain derived microglia...
- Investigations with cultured human microglia on pathogenic mechanisms of Alzheimer's disease and other neurodegenerative diseasesD G Walker
Laboratory of Neuroinflammation, Sun Health Research Institute, Sun City, Arizona 85351, USA
J Neurosci Res 81:412-25. 2005..Experimental data produced by our laboratory and others is reviewed to determine the contribution of this unique experimental model to understanding disease mechanisms and possibly discovering new therapeutic targets...
- Consequences of Aberrant Insulin Regulation in the Brain: Can Treating Diabetes be Effective for Alzheimer's DiseaseL Arab
The Cleo Roberts Center for Clinical Research, Banner Sun Health Research Institute, Sun City, Arizona, USA
Curr Neuropharmacol 9:693-705. 2011....
- Neural tract tracing using Di-I: a review and a new method to make fast Di-I faster in human brainD L Sparks
Haldeman Laboratory for Alzheimers Disease, Roberts Center for Alzheimer s Research, Sun Health Research Institute, Sun City, AZ 85372, USA
J Neurosci Methods 103:3-10. 2000..Using these methods, for example, we have confirmed the presence of an ipsilateral olivocerebellar climbing fiber projection in the human...