Patrick A Palmieri
Affiliation: Summa Health System
- Examining the structural validity of the Strengths and Difficulties Questionnaire (SDQ) in a U.S. sample of custodial grandmothersPatrick A Palmieri
Summa Kent State Center for the Treatment and Study of Traumatic Stress, Summa Health System, Akron, OH 44310, USA
Psychol Assess 19:189-98. 2007..Measurement and clinical implications of the results are discussed...
- Risk of psychological difficulties among children raised by custodial grandparentsGregory C Smith
College of Education, Health, and Human Services, Kent State University, Human Development Center, 144 Nixson Hall, Kent, OH 44242, USA
Psychiatr Serv 58:1303-10. 2007..Although custodial grandchildren are believed to be at greater risk of emotional and behavioral problems than children in general, scant research has examined this important public health issue...
- Confirmatory factor analysis of posttraumatic stress symptoms in sexually harassed womenPatrick A Palmieri
Center for the Treatment and Study of Traumatic Stress, Summa Health System, Saint Thomas Hospital, Akron, Ohio 44310, USA
J Trauma Stress 18:657-66. 2005..Different patterns of correlations with external variables were found for the avoidance and emotional numbing factors, providing further validation of the supported model...
- Confirmatory factor analysis of the PTSD Checklist and the Clinician-Administered PTSD Scale in disaster workers exposed to the World Trade Center Ground ZeroPatrick A Palmieri
Center for the Treatment and Study of Traumatic Stress and Department of Psychiatry, St Thomas Hospital, Summa Health System, Akron, OH 44310, USA
J Abnorm Psychol 116:329-41. 2007..Patterns of correlations with external variables provided additional support for the dysphoria model. Implications regarding the underlying structure of PTSD are discussed...
- The psychological impact of the Israel-Hezbollah War on Jews and Arabs in Israel: the impact of risk and resilience factorsPatrick A Palmieri
Summa Health System, Psychiatry, St Thomas Hospital, 4th Floor, Ambulatory Care Building, 444 North Main Street, Akron, OH 44310, USA
Soc Sci Med 67:1208-16. 2008..Thus, interventions that bolster these resources might prove effective in alleviating civilian psychopathology during war...
- Confirmatory factor analysis of posttraumatic stress symptoms in Cambodian refugeesPatrick A Palmieri
Department of Psychiatry, Summa Health System, Akron, OH, USA
J Trauma Stress 20:207-16. 2007..The avoidance and emotional numbing clusters demonstrated distinct associations with depression symptoms, providing some evidence of the construct validity of the four-factor solution...
- Predictors of posttraumatic stress-related impairment in victims of terrorism and ongoing conflict in IsraelKatie J Chipman
Department of Psychiatry, Kent State Summa Health System Center for the Treatment and Study of Traumatic Stress, St Thomas Hospital, Akron, OH 44310, USA
Anxiety Stress Coping 24:255-71. 2011..Results suggest that addressing impairment only within the context of full PTSD misses many individuals experiencing significant PTS-related impairment...
- Prevalence and correlates of sleep problems in adult israeli jews exposed to actual or threatened terrorist or rocket attacksPatrick A Palmieri
Summa Health System, Akron, OH 44310, USA
J Clin Sleep Med 6:557-64. 2010..To estimate the prevalence of, and to identify correlates of clinically significant sleep problems in adult Israeli citizens exposed to chronic terrorism and war trauma or threat thereof...
- Receiver operating characteristic curves of symptom scores in the diagnosis of interstitial cystitis/painful bladder syndromeBradford W Fenton
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Chronic Pelvic Pain Specialty Center, Summa Health System, Akron, Ohio 44309 2090, USA
J Minim Invasive Gynecol 15:601-4. 2008..The objective of this study was to develop ROC curves for IC symptom scores based on the standard of pain relief after cystoscopy with hydrodistention (HD)...
- A preliminary study of transcranial direct current stimulation for the treatment of refractory chronic pelvic painBradford W Fenton
Summa Health System Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Akron, Ohio, USA
Brain Stimul 2:103-7. 2009..The modulatory effects of transcranial direct current stimulation (tDCS) appear beneficial for different chronic pain syndromes; however, it is unclear whether this method can be used to treat refractory chronic pelvic pain...
- Quantification of abdominal wall pain using pain pressure threshold algometry in patients with chronic pelvic painBradford W Fenton
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, The Chronic Pelvic Pain Specialty Center, Summa Health System, Akron, OH 44309 2090, USA
Clin J Pain 25:500-5. 2009....
- Measuring clarity of and attention to emotionsPatrick A Palmieri
Department of Psychiatry, Summa Health System, Akron, Ohio, USA
J Pers Assess 91:560-7. 2009..Results supported distinct clarity and attention constructs. New subscales were internally consistent and fared as well as or better than previous versions in terms of internal consistency and convergent validity...
- Emotional numbing weakens abused inner-city women's resiliency resourcesDawn M Johnson
Summa Kent State Center for the Treatment and Study of Traumatic Stress, Summa Health System, Akron, OH, USA
J Trauma Stress 20:197-206. 2007..Emotional numbing symptoms of PTSD accounted most for women's resource loss. Findings highlight the importance of research and intervention that more directly examines the link between emotions and resource loss...
- The better weight-better sleep study: a pilot intervention in primary careEverett E Logue
Family Medicine Research Center, Department of Family Medicine, Summa Health System, Akron, OH, USA
Am J Health Behav 36:319-34. 2012..To explore the feasibility of integrating sleep management interventions with dietary and exercise interventions for obesity in a 12-week randomized trial...
- The psychological impact of impending forced settler disengagement in Gaza: trauma and posttraumatic growthBrian J Hall
Kent State University, Kent, OH 44242, USA
J Trauma Stress 21:22-9. 2008..Posttraumatic growth was significantly related to a reduction in the odds of having probable PTSD. This latter finding is interpreted within our conceptualization of action-focused growth...
- The association of exposure, risk, and resiliency factors with PTSD among Jews and Arabs exposed to repeated acts of terrorism in IsraelStevan E Hobfoll
Department of Psychology, Kent State University, Kent, OH 44242, USA
J Trauma Stress 21:9-21. 2008..For Arabs, predictors were low education and economic resource loss among those exposed to terrorism. Findings for only those directly exposed to terrorism were similar to those for the overall national sample...
- Sexual assault and other types of sexual harassment by workplace personnel: a comparison of antecedents and consequencesMelanie S Harned
Department of Psychology, University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign, 61820, USA
J Occup Health Psychol 7:174-88. 2002..Both types of victimization are associated with a variety of negative outcomes, but the pattern of negative consequences differs...
- The (un)reasonableness of reporting: antecedents and consequences of reporting sexual harassmentMindy E Bergman
Department of Psychology, University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign, USA
J Appl Psychol 87:230-42. 2002..Organizational and legal implications of these findings are discussed...