Affiliation: Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration
- Screening for serious mental illness in the general populationRonald C Kessler
Department of Health Care Policy, Harvard Medical School, 180 Longwood Ave, Suite 215, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Arch Gen Psychiatry 60:184-9. 2003..Public Law 102-321 established a block grant for adults with "serious mental illness" (SMI) and required the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) to develop a method to estimate the prevalence of SMI...
- Prevalence of adult binge drinking: a comparison of two national surveysJacqueline W Miller
Epidemic Intelligence Service, Division of Applied Public Health Training, Epidemiology Program Office, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, Georgia 30341, USA
Am J Prev Med 27:197-204. 2004..Evaluating the concordance of binge drinking estimates from the BRFSS and the NSDUH is important for surveillance and for planning prevention programs...
- Discrepancies in estimates of prevalence and correlates of substance use and disorders between two national surveysRichard A Grucza
Department of Psychiatry, Washington University School of Medicine, 660 South Euclid Avenue, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
Addiction 102:623-9. 2007....
- Serious psychological distress among parenting and nonparenting adultsMindy Herman-Stahl
RTI International, Research Triangle Park, NC 27709 2149, USA
Am J Public Health 97:2222-9. 2007..We compared the prevalence of serious psychological distress among parenting adults with the prevalence among nonparenting adults and the sociodemographic correlates of serious psychological distress between these 2 populations...
- Drug use patterns and trends in rural communitiesJoseph C Gfroerer
Office of Applied Studies, Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration, Rockville, MD 20857, USA
J Rural Health 23:10-5. 2007....
- Substance abuse treatment need among older adults in 2020: the impact of the aging baby-boom cohortJoseph Gfroerer
Office of Applied Studies, Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration, Room 16 105, 5600 Fishers Lane, Rockville, MD 20857, USA
Drug Alcohol Depend 69:127-35. 2003..To address this concern, projections of future treatment need for older adults (defined as age 50 and older) were made...
- Substance use among foreign-born youths in the United States: does the length of residence matter?Joseph C Gfroerer
Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration, Office of Applied Studies, Rockville, MD 20857, USA
Am J Public Health 93:1892-5. 2003
- The National Survey on Drug Use and Health Mental Health Surveillance Study: calibration study design and field proceduresLisa J Colpe
Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration, Office of Applied Studies, Rockville, MD, USA
Int J Methods Psychiatr Res 19:36-48. 2010..This paper describes the MHSS calibration study procedures, including information on sample selection, instrumentation, follow-up, data quality protocols, and management of distressed respondents...
- Associations between duration of illicit drug use and health conditions: results from the 2005-2007 national surveys on drug use and healthBeth Han
Office of Applied Studies, Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration, U S Department of Health and Human Services, Rockville, MD 20857, USA
Ann Epidemiol 20:289-97. 2010....
- Substance use disorder among older adults in the United States in 2020Beth Han
Office of Applied Studies, Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration, US Department of Health and Human Services, Rockville, MD, USA
Addiction 104:88-96. 2009..This study aimed to project the number of people aged 50 years or older with substance use disorder (alcohol/illicit drug dependence or abuse) in the United States in 2020...
- Motive for nonmedical use of prescription pain relievers in the national survey on drug use and healthJames D Colliver
Division of Population Surveys, Office of Applied Studies, Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration, Rockville, Maryland 20857, USA
J Pain 9:487-9; discussion 494-6. 2008
- Substance use among women: associations with pregnancy, parenting, and race/ethnicityPradip K Muhuri
Division of Population Surveys, Office of Applied Studies, Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration, 1 Choke Cherry Road, Room 7 1023, Rockville MD, 20857, USA
Matern Child Health J 13:376-85. 2009....
- Projecting drug use among aging baby boomers in 2020James D Colliver
National Institute on Drug Abuse, National Institutes of Health, Department of Health and Human Services, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Ann Epidemiol 16:257-65. 2006..Given the potential public health demands implied by increasing numbers of elderly drug users, the goal is to project the numbers of current drug users aged 50 years and older in 2020...
- Moderation and mediation in the relationship between mothers' or fathers' serious psychological distress and adolescent substance use: findings from a national sampleMindy A Herman-Stahl
RTI International, Research Triangle Park, North Carolina 27709, USA
J Adolesc Health 43:141-50. 2008..This study estimated percentages of adolescents living with a mother or father with serious psychological distress (SPD), and examined moderation and mediation of the relationships between mother or father SPD and adolescent substance use...