Mark E Wagshul
Affiliation: Stony Brook University
- Amplitude and phase of cerebrospinal fluid pulsations: experimental studies and review of the literatureMark E Wagshul
Department of Radiology, Preventive Medicine, Neurosurgery, and Biomedical Engineering, Stony Brook University, Stony Brook, New York 11794 8460, USA
J Neurosurg 104:810-9. 2006....
- Ventricular dilation and elevated aqueductal pulsations in a new experimental model of communicating hydrocephalusM E Wagshul
Department of Radiology, Health Science Center, Stony Brook University, Stony Brook, NY 11794 8460, USA
Exp Neurol 218:33-40. 2009..At the same time, our results highlight the complex nature of aqueductal pulsation and its relationship to ventricular dilation...
- Resonant and notch behavior in intracranial pressure dynamicsMark E Wagshul
Department of Radiology, Stony Brook University, Stony Brook, New York 11794, USA
J Neurosurg Pediatr 3:354-64. 2009..In this study, the nature of this coupling and how it changes under conditions of increased ICP are investigated...
- Improved cerebrospinal fluid flow measurements using phase contrast balanced steady-state free precessionErin J McCormack
Department of Biomedical Engineering, Stony Brook University, Stony Brook, NY 11794 8181, USA
Magn Reson Imaging 25:172-82. 2007..PC-bSSFP can be used as a reliable technique for CSF flow quantification for the characterization of normal and altered intracranial CSF flow patterns...
- Neocortical capillary flow pulsatility is not elevated in experimental communicating hydrocephalusShams Rashid
Department of Biomedical Engineering, Stony Brook University, Stony Brook, New York, USA
J Cereb Blood Flow Metab 32:318-29. 2012..We conclude that even in the presence of markedly elevated pulsatile CSF flow in the aqueduct, there is no concurrent increase in microvascular pulsatile flow...
- Multiple white matter tract abnormalities underlie cognitive impairment in RRMSHui Jing Yu
Department of Biomedical Engineering, Stony Brook University, Stony Brook, NY, USA
Neuroimage 59:3713-22. 2012..These findings indicate the important role for DTI in delineating mechanisms underlying MS-associated cognitive impairment and suggest that DTI could play a critical role in monitoring the clinical and cognitive effects of the disease...
- Communicating hydrocephalus in adult rats with kaolin obstruction of the basal cisterns or the cortical subarachnoid spaceJie Li
Department of Pediatric Neurosurgery, Children s Hospital of Michigan, Detroit, MI, USA
Exp Neurol 211:351-61. 2008..The new BC model is relevant because the clinical presentation of CH in children is often associated with obstruction at this site, while the CX model may be more representative of late adult onset normal pressure hydrocephalus...
- Intracranial pressure waves: characterization of a pulsation absorber with notch filter properties using systems analysis: laboratory investigationRui Zou
Neurosurgery Department, Children s Hospital Boston, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Neurosurg Pediatr 2:83-94. 2008..The transfer function can change with time and with physiological manipulations. The authors examined data obtained from canine experiments involving manipulations of ICP...