Genomes and Genes
Feng Qian Li
Affiliation: Stony Brook University
- Mutations associated with neutropenia in dogs and humans disrupt intracellular transport of neutrophil elastaseKathleen F Benson
Division of Medical Genetics/Department of Medicine, University of Washington School of Medicine, Box 357720, 1705 NE Pacific Street, HSB-K236B, Seattle, Washington 98195, USA
Nat Genet 35:90-6. 2003..Most mutations in ELA2 that cause human cyclic hematopoiesis prevent membrane localization of neutrophil elastase, whereas most mutations in ELA2 that cause SCN lead to exclusive membrane localization...
- Generation and characterization of monoclonal antibodies against human Chibby proteinBenjamin Cyge
Graduate Program in Molecular and Cellular Pharmacology, Department of Pharmacological Sciences, SUNY at Stony Brook, Stony Brook, New York, USA
Hybridoma (Larchmt) 30:163-8. 2011..These Cby MAbs therefore hold promise as useful tools for the investigation of Wnt signaling and ciliogenesis...
- Chibby suppresses growth of human SW480 colon adenocarcinoma cells through inhibition of β-catenin signalingVictoria Fischer
Graduate Program in Molecular and Cellular Pharmacology, Stony Brook University, BST 7 186, Nicolls Rd, Stony Brook, NY, 11794 8651, USA
J Mol Signal 7:6. 2012..Our results suggest that Cby, in collaboration with 14-3-3 proteins, can counteract oncogenic β-catenin signaling in colon cancer cells...
- Chibby cooperates with 14-3-3 to regulate beta-catenin subcellular distribution and signaling activityFeng Qian Li
Department of Pharmacological Sciences and 2Graduate Program in Genetics, State University of New York at Stony Brook, Stony Brook, NY 11794, USA
J Cell Biol 181:1141-54. 2008..Our results therefore suggest a novel paradigm through which Cby acts in concert with 14-3-3 proteins to facilitate nuclear export of beta-catenin, thereby antagonizing beta-catenin signaling...
- Nuclear-cytoplasmic shuttling of Chibby controls beta-catenin signalingFeng Qian Li
Department of Pharmacological Sciences, SUNY at Stony Brook, Stony Brook, NY 11794, USA
Mol Biol Cell 21:311-22. 2010..Taken together, these findings unravel the molecular basis through which a combinatorial action of Cby and 14-3-3 proteins controls the dynamic nuclear-cytoplasmic trafficking of beta-catenin...
- Chibby forms a homodimer through a heptad repeat of leucine residues in its C-terminal coiled-coil motifAdaobi Mofunanya
Department of Pharmacological Sciences, State University of New York at Stony Brook, Stony Brook, New York 11794, USA
BMC Mol Biol 10:41. 2009..Although Cby harbors a predicted coiled-coil motif in the C-terminal region, its molecular nature and functional importance remain largely unexplored...
- Chibby promotes adipocyte differentiation through inhibition of beta-catenin signalingFeng Qian Li
SUNY at Stony Brook, Department of Pharmacology, Stony Brook, NY 11794 8651, USA
Mol Cell Biol 27:4347-54. 2007..Our results therefore establish Cby as a novel proadipogenic factor required for adipocyte differentiation...
- Altered lung morphogenesis, epithelial cell differentiation and mechanics in mice deficient in the Wnt/β-catenin antagonist ChibbyDamon Love
Department of Pharmacological Sciences, SUNY at Stony Brook, Stony Brook, New York, United States of America
PLoS ONE 5:e13600. 2010..Moreover, we demonstrate that Cby is a direct downstream target for the master ciliogenesis transcription factor Foxj1. Collectively, our results demonstrate that Cby facilitates proper postnatal lung development and function...
- Fine-tuning of nuclear-catenin by Chibby and 14-3-3Ken Ichi Takemaru
Department of Pharmacological Sciences, SUNY at Stony Brook, Stony Brook, New York 11794 8651, USA
Cell Cycle 8:210-3. 2009..Here, we review recent literature concerning Cby function and discuss our current understanding of the relationship between Wnt and Akt signaling...
- Chibby, an antagonist of the Wnt/beta-catenin pathway, facilitates cardiomyocyte differentiation of murine embryonic stem cellsAmar M Singh
Department of Pathology, University of Florida College of Medicine, Box 100275, Gainesville, FL 32610, USA
Circulation 115:617-26. 2007..Chibby is a recently identified nuclear protein that directly binds to beta-catenin and antagonizes its transcriptional activity...
- Hereditary neutropenia: dogs explain human neutrophil elastase mutationsMarshall Horwitz
Division of Medical Genetics Department of Medicine, University of Washington School of Medicine, 1705 NE Pacific Street, HSB K236B, Box 357720 Seattle, WA 98195, USA
Trends Mol Med 10:163-70. 2004....