Marvin R Goldfried
Affiliation: Stony Brook University
- On the dissemination of clinical experiences in using empirically supported treatmentsMarvin R Goldfried
Stony Brook University Electronic address
Behav Ther 45:3-6. 2014..The mechanism that has been established provides a way for clinicians to be a part of the research process, which we hope will provide evidence that can help to enhance our clinical effectiveness. ..
- Evidence-based treatment and cognitive-affective-relational-behavior-therapyMarvin R Goldfried
Department of Psychology, Stony Brook University, New York 11794 2500, USA
Psychotherapy (Chic) 50:376-80. 2013....
- What should we expect from psychotherapy?Marvin R Goldfried
Department of Psychology, Stony Brook University, New York 11794 2500, United Sates
Clin Psychol Rev 33:862-9. 2013..In pointing to directions for the future, modifications of how we investigate the outcome of treatment, as well as how to close the gap between research and practice, are offered...
- A translational model of research-practice integrationDina Vivian
Department of Psychology, Stony Brook University, Stony Brook, NY 11794, USA
Psychotherapy (Chic) 49:143-51. 2012..Using a two-chair technique as a framework for his discussion, Wolfe's article depicts the struggle inherent in research-practice integration efforts and proposes a rapprochement that highlights advancements in the field...
- Training implications of harmful effects of psychological treatmentsLouis G Castonguay
Department of Psychology, Pennsylvania State University, University Park, PA 16802, USA
Am Psychol 65:34-49. 2010..Finally, training implications related to the monitoring of harmful effects in terms of treatment outcome and process are demarcated...
- Extension of the rejection sensitivity construct to the interpersonal functioning of gay menJohn E Pachankis
Department of Psychology, State University of New York at Stony Brook, Stony Brook, NY 11794 2500, USA
J Consult Clin Psychol 76:306-17. 2008....
- Clinical consensus strategies for interpersonal problems between young adults and their parentsCatherine Eubanks-Carter
Department of Psychology, Stony Brook University
J Consult Clin Psychol 78:212-24. 2010..The present study accessed consensus among expert therapists on the effectiveness of clinical strategies for treating young adults experiencing interpersonal problems with their parents...
- The impact of client sexual orientation and gender on clinical judgments and diagnosis of borderline personality disorderCatherine Eubanks-Carter
Department of Psychology, State University of New York at Stony Brook, NY 11794 2500, USA
J Clin Psychol 62:751-70. 2006..Therapists were more confident and willing to work with female clients and gave them a better prognosis. Therapists' responses are discussed in light of gender role bias and social desirability...
- The relationship between experiences of discrimination and mental health among lesbians and gay men: An examination of internalized homonegativity and rejection sensitivity as potential mechanismsBrian A Feinstein
Department of Psychology, Stony Brook University, Stony Brook, NY 11794 2500, USA
J Consult Clin Psychol 80:917-27. 2012..The current study used path analysis to examine potential mechanisms through which experiences of discrimination influence depressive and social anxiety symptoms...
- Bridging the gap between clinical research and clinical practice: introduction to the special sectionBethany A Teachman
Department of Psychology, University of Virginia Charlottesville, Charlottesville, VA 22904 4400, USA
Psychotherapy (Chic) 49:97-100. 2012..Ultimately, we hope this series can speak to many different types of psychologists, whether they work mainly as researchers or practitioners, so they can see new ways to integrate and learn from both research and practice...
- On the need for a new psychotherapy research paradigm: comment on Westen, Novotny, and Thompson-Brenner (2004)Marvin R Goldfried
Department of Psychology, State University of New York at Stony Brook, Stony Brook, NY 11794, USA
Psychol Bull 130:669-73; author reply 677-83. 2004....