Affiliation: Stony Brook University
- Controlled substances: principles of safe prescribingPatricia Bruckenthal
Stony Brook School of Nursing, Stony Brook, NY, USA
Nurse Pract 32:7-11. 2007
- Assessing treatment fidelity in pilot studies assist in designing clinical trials: an illustration from a nurse practitioner community-based intervention for painPatricia Bruckenthal
Department of Adult and Family Health, School of Nursing, Stony Brook University, Stony Brook, New York 11794, USA
ANS Adv Nurs Sci 30:E72-84. 2007..Monitoring treatment fidelity throughout the pilot and trial phases of research can dramatically improve the research enterprise and facilitate successful dissemination...
- Assessment of pain in the elderly adultPatricia Bruckenthal
Department of Adult and Family Health Nursing, School of Nursing, Stony Brook University, HSC, L2, Room 224, Stony Brook, NY 11794 8240, USA
Clin Geriatr Med 24:213-36, v-vi. 2008..This article provides the clinician with the foundation to perform a successful pain assessment for older adults who are able to communicate by self-report. This provides a comprehensive base on which to build a relevant plan of care...
- Integrating nonpharmacologic and alternative strategies into a comprehensive management approach for older adults with painPatricia Bruckenthal
Stony Brook University School of Nursing, NY 11794, USA
Pain Manag Nurs 11:S23-31. 2010..The goal of this paper was to review appropriate use of nonpharmacologic, complementary, and alternative therapies for the comprehensive management of pain in older adults...
- The role of the CNA Pain Assessment Tool (CPAT) in the pain management of nursing home residents with dementiaFrank A Cervo
Long Island State Veterans Home, Stony Brook, New York, USA
Geriatr Nurs 33:430-8. 2012..The CPAT is useful in evaluating the effects of pain treatment in nursing home residents with dementia...
- Special issues in the management of chronic pain in older adultsPatricia Bruckenthal
Stony Brook University, New York, USA
Pain Med 10:S67-78. 2009....
- Treatment expectation for pain coping skills training: relationship to osteoarthritis patients' baseline psychosocial characteristicsJoan E Broderick
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Science, Stony Brook University, Stony Brook, NY 11794 8790, USA
Clin J Pain 27:315-22. 2011..This study examined predictors of treatment expectation among osteoarthritis (OA) patients in a multisite clinical trial of pain coping skills training (CST)...
- Pain assessment in nursing home residents with dementia: psychometric properties and clinical utility of the CNA Pain Assessment Tool (CPAT)Frank A Cervo
Long Island State Veterans Home, Stony Brook, NY 11790, USA
J Am Med Dir Assoc 10:505-10. 2009..To examine the psychometric properties and clinical utility of the CPAT, an instrument to assess pain in nursing home residents with dementia...