Affiliation: Stony Brook University
- Symptom, family, and service predictors of children's psychiatric rehospitalization within one year of dischargeJoseph C Blader
Department of Psychiatry, Schneider Children s Hospital and Hillside Hospital, North Shore Long Island Jewish Health System, New Hyde Park, NY, USA
J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry 43:440-51. 2004..To investigate predictors of readmission to inpatient psychiatric treatment for children aged 5 to 12 discharged from acute-care hospitalization...
- Stimulant-responsive and stimulant-refractory aggressive behavior among children with ADHDJoseph C Blader
Stony Brook State University of New York, Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Science, Putnam Hall, Room 139, Stony Brook, NY 11794 8790, USA
Pediatrics 126:e796-806. 2010....
- Adjunctive divalproex versus placebo for children with ADHD and aggression refractory to stimulant monotherapyJoseph C Blader
Stony Brook University School of Medicine, Stony Brook, NY 11794 8790, USA
Am J Psychiatry 166:1392-401. 2009....
- Pharmacological treatment of bipolar disorder among children and adolescentsJoseph C Blader
Stony Brook State University of New York, NY, USA
Expert Rev Neurother 7:259-70. 2007..By summarizing current research and opinion on diagnostic issues and treatment approaches, this review aims to provide an update on a clinically important yet controversial topic...
- Increased rates of bipolar disorder diagnoses among U.S. child, adolescent, and adult inpatients, 1996-2004Joseph C Blader
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Science, Stony Brook State University of New York, Stony Brook, New York 11794 8790, USA
Biol Psychiatry 62:107-14. 2007..These difficulties are increasingly conceptualized as bipolar disorder (BD). The impact of doing so on clinical diagnoses in clinical care is uncertain...
- Which family factors predict children's externalizing behaviors following discharge from psychiatric inpatient treatment?Joseph C Blader
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Science, Stony Brook State University of New York, 11794 8790, USA
J Child Psychol Psychiatry 47:1133-42. 2006....
- Longitudinal assessment of parental satisfaction with children's psychiatric hospitalizationJoseph C Blader
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Science, School of Medicine, Stony Brook State University of New York, Stony Brook, NY 11794 8790, USA
Adm Policy Ment Health 34:108-15. 2007..To examine trends over time in parents' satisfaction with their children's prior psychiatric hospitalization and whether such trends are related to postdischarge outcomes...
- Pharmacotherapy and postdischarge outcomes of child inpatients admitted for aggressive behaviorJoseph C Blader
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Science, Stony Brook State University of New York, School of Medicine, Stony Brook, NY 11794, USA
J Clin Psychopharmacol 26:419-25. 2006....
- Acute inpatient care for psychiatric disorders in the United States, 1996 through 2007Joseph C Blader
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Science, Stony Brook University, State University of New York, School of Medicine, Stony Brook, USA
Arch Gen Psychiatry 68:1276-83. 2011..Patient-level factors, including age, admission type, diagnoses, length of stay, and payment source, are vital to understanding hospitalization trends...
- Double-disease management or one care manager for two chronic conditions: pilot feasibility study of nurse telephonic disease management for depression and congestive heart failureSteven A Cole
Department of Psychiatry, S U N Y Stony Brook Health Sciences Center, New York 11794, USA
Dis Manag 9:266-76. 2006..Based on patient acceptance and clinicians' reports, the program appeared feasible and possibly effective. DDMP appears feasible and possibly effective. Future clinical trials are warranted...
- Stepped Pharmacotherapy for Aggressive Youth with ADHDJOSEPH BLADER; Fiscal Year: 2006..The proposed program will therefore culminate in the awardee's competence as a well-rounded clinical scientist focused on the complex treatment needs of youth with severe behavior disorders. ..
- Stepped Pharmacotherapy for Aggressive Youth with ADHDJoseph C Blader; Fiscal Year: 2010....