Mario R Castellanos
Affiliation: Staten Island University Hospital
- Breast cancer screening in women with chronic kidney disease: the unrecognized effects of metastatic soft-tissue calcificationMario R Castellanos
State University of New York Health Science Center at Brooklyn, USA
Nat Clin Pract Nephrol 4:337-41. 2008..In this Review we discuss the strengths and limitations of the available data and whether mammography is recommended in women with CKD or ESRD...
- Improving access to breast health services with an interdisciplinary model of careMario R Castellanos
Medical Woman s Health Division, Department of Medicine, Staten Island University Hospital, Staten Island, New York 10305, USA
Breast J 14:353-6. 2008..Furthermore, in the years after the opening of the breast center the cancer detection rate during screening increased, an important observation that needs to be investigated with future studies...
- Breast arterial calcifications on mammograms do not predict coronary heart disease at coronary angiographyMohammad H Zgheib
Department of Medicine, Staten Island University Hospital, 360 Seaview Ave, Staten Island, NY 10305, USA
Radiology 254:367-73. 2010..To examine, in women who underwent cardiac catheterization, whether breast arterial calcifications (BACs) seen at screening mammography correlate with coronary heart disease (CHD) seen at coronary angiography...
- Fasting hyperglycemia upon hospital admission is associated with higher pneumonia complication rates among the elderlyMario R Castellanos
Department of Medicine, Staten Island University Hospital, 450 Seaview Ave, Staten Island, NY 10305, USA
Int Arch Med 3:16. 2010..This study evaluates the interaction of the degree of hyperglycemia and complication rates stratified by age in non-critically ill patients admitted to the hospital for care of community-acquired pneumonia...
- Is the aging population facing an impending crisis in access to breast health services?Anita Szerszen
J Am Geriatr Soc 56:174-5. 2008