Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: State University of New York
- The lipogenic gene spot 14 is activated in bone by disuse yet remains unaffected by a mechanical signal anabolic to the skeletonJizu Zhi
Department of Biomedical Engineering, Stony Brook University, Stony Brook, NY 11794 2580, USA
Calcif Tissue Int 82:148-54. 2008....
- Human MLPA Probe Design (H-MAPD): a probe design tool for both electrophoresis-based and bead-coupled human multiplex ligation-dependent probe amplification assaysJizu Zhi
Genomics Core Facility, School of Medicine, Stony Brook University, Stony Brook, NY 11794, USA
BMC Genomics 9:407. 2008..There exist only one or two commercial software packages for traditional electrophoresis-based MLPA probe design. To our knowledge, no software is yet available that performs bead-coupled MLPA probe design...
- MAPD: a probe design suite for multiplex ligation-dependent probe amplification assaysJizu Zhi
Bioinformatics Core Facility, School of Medicine, Stony Brook University, Stony Brook, NY 11794, USA
BMC Res Notes 3:137. 2010..However, probe design is time consuming and error prone. Recently software has been developed to help human genomic MLPA probe selection and optimization. For other genomes and MS-MLPA, probe design remains a challenge...
- Tiled microarray identification of novel viral transcript structures and distinct transcriptional profiles during two modes of productive murine gammaherpesvirus 68 infectionBenson Yee Hin Cheng
Department of Molecular Genetics and Microbiology, State University of New York Stony Brook, Stony Brook, New York, USA
J Virol 86:4340-57. 2012....
- Proline-rich transcript of the brain (prtb) is a serum-responsive gene in osteoblasts and upregulated during adhesionDirk W Sommerfeldt
Department of Orthopaedics, State University of New York at Stony Brook, Stony Brook, New York 11794 2580, USA
J Cell Biochem 84:301-8. 2002..Based on these data, we hypothesize that prtb may function as an immediate early, serum-responsive, and adhesion-inducible gene with possible involvement in processes such as cell cycle control, adhesion, and proliferation...
- Direct reprogramming by oncogenic Ras and MycIrene Ischenko
Department of Molecular Genetics and Microbiology, State University of New York at Stony Brook, Stony Brook, NY 11794, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 110:3937-42. 2013..Moreover, the disturbance in the normally existing dynamic equilibrium between cancer stem cells and non-stem cancer cells allows the formation of cancer stem cells with high metastatic capacity at any time during cancer progression...
- Analysis techniques for microarray time-series dataVladimir Filkov
Department of Computer Science, State University of New York, Stony Brook, NY 11794, USA
J Comput Biol 9:317-30. 2002..Finally, we note that the correlation coefficient of sequences over alphabets of size two can exhibit very counterintuitive behavior when compared with the Hamming distance...
- Inhibition of matrix metalloproteinase 14 (MMP-14)-mediated cancer cell migrationKevin Zarrabi
Department of Medicine Cancer Prevention, Stony Brook University, Stony Brook, New York 11794, USA
J Biol Chem 286:33167-77. 2011..Furthermore, these peptides interfere with cancer metastasis without affecting primary tumor growth. Thus, targeting the MMP-14 hemopexin domain represents a novel approach to inhibit MMP-14-mediated cancer dissemination...