T E Wiswell
Affiliation: State University of New York
- The history of neonatal resuscitationJeanette Zaichkin
Faculty of the State University of New York at Stony Brook, USA
Neonatal Netw 21:21-8. 2002..This article examines the key components of neonatal resuscitation and the discoveries that stimulated the development of current neonatal resuscitation practices...
- Advances in the treatment of the meconium aspiration syndromeT E Wiswell
SUNY Stony Brook, Pediatrics, New York 11794 8111, USA
Acta Paediatr Suppl 90:28-30. 2001..There are, however, scant evidence-based data to justify routine use of any of those therapies. Additional prospective, well-controlled, randomized trials of diverse therapies are needed to elucidate the optimum management of MAS...
- Handling the meconium-stained infantT E Wiswell
Pediatrics, SUNY Stony Brook, New York 11794 8111, USA
Semin Neonatol 6:225-31. 2001....
- Expanded uses of surfactant therapyT E Wiswell
Department of Pediatrics, State University of New York at Stony Brook, Stony Brook, New York, USA
Clin Perinatol 28:695-711. 2001..Of import for each of the disorders is addressing the optimum type of surfactant to use, and the appropriate dose, method of delivery, and duration of treatment regimens...
- A multicenter, randomized, controlled trial comparing Surfaxin (Lucinactant) lavage with standard care for treatment of meconium aspiration syndromeThomas E Wiswell
Discovery Laboratories, Inc, Doylestown, Pennsylvania, USA
Pediatrics 109:1081-7. 2002..The objective of this study was to compare treatment with bronchoalveolar lavage using dilute Surfaxin with standard therapy in a population of newborn infants with MAS...
- Bronchopulmonary segmental lavage with Surfaxin (KL(4)-surfactant) for acute respiratory distress syndromeT E Wiswell
Discovery Laboratories, Doylestown, Pennsylvania, USA
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 160:1188-95. 1999..Wiswell TE, Smith RM, Katz LB, Mastroianni L, Wong DY, Willms D, Heard S, Wilson M, Hite RD, Anzueto A, Revak SD, Cochrane CG. Bronchopulmonary segmental lavage with Surfaxin (KL(4)-surfactant) for acute respiratory distress syndrome...
- Oropharyngeal and nasopharyngeal suctioning of meconium-stained neonates before delivery of their shoulders: multicentre, randomised controlled trialNestor E Vain
Sanatorio de la Trinidad Hospitals, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Lancet 364:597-602. 2004..We aimed to assess the effectiveness of intrapartum suctioning for the prevention of MAS...
- A multicenter, randomized, controlled trial of lucinactant versus poractant alfa among very premature infants at high risk for respiratory distress syndromeSunil K Sinha
Department of Paediatrics and Neonatal Medicine, University of Durham and James Cook University Hospital, Middlesbrough, United Kingdom
Pediatrics 115:1030-8. 2005..It is completely devoid of animal-derived components...
- Evidence-based use of adjunctive therapies to ventilationThomas E Wiswell
Center for Neonatal Care, Florida Hospital Orlando, 2718 North Orange Avenue, Suite B, Orlando, FL 32804, USA
Clin Perinatol 34:191-204, ix. 2007..We review the evidence that either supports or refutes the use of adjunctive therapies for these disorders...