Genomes and Genes
CAMILLE C RAGIN
Affiliation: State University of New York
- Patient- and delivery-level factors related to acceptance of HIV counseling and testing services among tuberculosis patients in South Africa: a qualitative study with community health workers and program managersJ Christo Heunis
Centre for Health Systems Research and Development, University of the Free State, 205 Nelson Mandela Drive, Bloemfontein, 9300, South Africa
Implement Sci 6:27. 2011..These two provider groups are positioned to alter the delivery of HCT services in order to improve patient participation and, ultimately, health outcomes...
- Recurrence in oral and pharyngeal cancer is associated with quantitative MGMT promoter methylationEmanuela Taioli
University of Pittsburgh Cancer Institute, Hillman Cancer Center, Pittsburgh, PA, USA
BMC Cancer 9:354. 2009..This study examines whether gene-promoter methylation of tumor DNA correlates with survival and recurrence rates in a population of patients with oral or pharyngeal cancer...
- Review of studies on metabolic genes and cancer in populations of African descentCAMILLE C RAGIN
Department of Epidemiology, State University of New York Downstate Medical Center, New York, NY 11203, USA
Genet Med 12:12-8. 2010..Because incidence and mortality rates for these cancers rank highest among populations of African descent, concentrated research in these areas are warranted...
- Determinants of head and neck cancer survival by raceCAMILLE C RAGIN
Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics, State University of New York Downstate Medical Center, Brooklyn, New York, USA
Head Neck 33:1092-8. 2011..Several factors contribute to the documented racial disparity in head and neck cancer, among which are socioeconomic status, access to care, and biologic factors...
- Human papillomavirus type 16 and 18 in primary lung cancers--a meta-analysisMalini Srinivasan
Department of Epidemiology, Graduate School of Public Health, University of Pittsburgh Cancer Institute, Pittsburgh, PA 15232, USA
Carcinogenesis 30:1722-8. 2009..Further studies are needed to elucidate the role of HPV in lung carcinogenesis with careful thought given to study design and laboratory detection methods for a more accurate assessment of HPV status in lung tumors...
- Human herpesvirus 8 seroprevalence among Tobago women and the role of sexual lifestyle behaviorAlicia C McDonald
Department of Epidemiology, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA
J Med Virol 81:264-70. 2009..51, 95% CI = 1.09-5.78) in women. HHV-8 age-specific rates were similar between genders. Sexual activity may not be a major contributor to HHV-8 infection among Tobago women...
- Polymorphisms in DNA damage response genes and head and neck cancer riskRafael E Flores-Obando
Department of Epidemiology, State University of New York Downstate Medical Center, NY, USA
Biomarkers 15:379-99. 2010..Polymorphisms in DNA repair genes have been reported contributing factors in head and neck cancer risk but studies have shown conflicting results...