- High brain myo-inositol levels in the predementia phase of Alzheimer's disease in adults with Down's syndrome: a 1H MRS study
Laboratory of Neurosciences, National Institute on Aging, Clinical Center, NIH, Bethesda, MD, USA
Am J Psychiatry 156:1879-86. 1999
..The authors investigated whether abnormal brain levels of myo-inositol and other metabolites occur in the preclinical stages of Alzheimer's disease associated with Down's syndrome...
- Cognitive performance and MR markers of cerebral injury in cognitively impaired MS patients
Department of Neurology, State University of New York at Stony Brook, NY 11794 8121, USA
Neurology 60:1793-8. 2003
..To relate neuropsychological performance to measures of cerebral injury in persons with MS selected for cognitive impairment...
- In vivo 1H magnetic resonance spectroscopic measurement of brain glycine levels in nonketotic hyperglycinemia
Department of Neurology, State University of New York at Stony Brook 11794-8640, USA
J Neuroimaging 11:209-11. 2001
- Brain metabolite concentration and dementia severity in Alzheimer's disease: a (1)H MRS study
Department of Radiology, State University of New York at Stony Brook, USA
Neurology 57:626-32. 2001
..Further, subjects with mild AD can be differentiated from controls with (1)H-MRS...
- A rapid multiparameter approach to study factors that regulate osteoclastogenesis: demonstration of the combinatorial dominant effects of TNF-alpha and TGF-ss in RANKL-mediated osteoclastogenesis
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, University of Rochester Medical Center, Rochester, NY 14642, USA
Calcif Tissue Int 73:584-93. 2003
..These studies demonstrate a rapid screening approach for identifying the potential collective effects of multiple factors on osteoclastic bone resorption...
- C-fiber modulation of the rat type I slowly adapting mechanoreceptor
Department of Physiology, University of Utah School of Medicine, 410 Chipeta Way, Room 156, Salt Lake City, UT 84108 1297, USA
Neuroscience 115:797-804. 2002
- Analysis of a CD40 ligand dinucleotide microsatellite in multiple sclerosis
Division of Neurology, Karolinska Institute, Huddinge University Hospital, S 141 86 Stockholm, Sweden
Eur J Immunogenet 29:81-5. 2002
..Nor did the polymorphism appear to exert any significant effect on mRNA expression in either patients or controls...
- Variables in human liver microsome preparation: impact on the kinetics of l-alpha-acetylmethadol (LAAM) n-demethylation and dextromethorphan O-demethylation
A C Nelson
Center for Human Toxicology, Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, University of Utah, 20 S 2030 E RM 490, Salt Lake City, UT 84112 9457, USA
Drug Metab Dispos 29:319-25. 2001
..Variation of the methods used to prepare human liver microsomes can significantly affect the recovery and specific activity of microsomal components; however, they do not appear to affect enzyme kinetics...
- Transport of N-acetylaspartate by the Na(+)-dependent high-affinity dicarboxylate transporter NaDC3 and its relevance to the expression of the transporter in the brain
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Medical College of Georgia, Augusta, Georgia, USA
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 295:392-403. 2000
..This transporter is likely to be an essential component in the metabolic role of N-acetylaspartate in the process of myelination...
- Use of MR spectroscopy and functional imaging in the treatment planning of gliomas
Department of Radiation Oncology, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, Weill Medical College of Cornell University, 1275 York Avenue, New York, NY 10021, USA
Br J Radiol 80:347-54. 2007
..A Phase I IMRT dose intensification trial in gliomas using this information is planned...