Affiliation: State University of New York
- Negative acculturation in sleep duration among Mexican immigrants and Mexican AmericansLauren Hale
Department of Preventive Medicine, Stony Brook University, Stony Brook, NY 11794 8338, USA
J Immigr Minor Health 13:402-7. 2011..S.-born Mexican Americans emerge...
- Social and demographic predictors of preschoolers' bedtime routinesLauren Hale
Graduate Program in Public Health, Division of Evaluative Sciences, Department of Preventive Medicine, State University of New York, Stony Brook, NY 11794 8338, USA
J Dev Behav Pediatr 30:394-402. 2009..To examine the associations of child and family sociodemographic characteristics with preschooler bedtime routines...
- Does sleep quality mediate the association between neighborhood disorder and self-rated physical health?Lauren Hale
Preventive Medicine, Graduate Program in Public Health, State University of New York, Stony Brook, NY 11794 8338, USA
Prev Med 51:275-8. 2010..We examine the association between perceived neighborhood disorder and self-rated physical health. Building on previous research, we test whether this association is mediated by sleep quality...
- Does mental health history explain gender disparities in insomnia symptoms among young adults?Lauren Hale
Stony Brook University, Preventive Medicine, Stony Brook, NY 11794 8338, USA
Sleep Med 10:1118-23. 2009..Previous epidemiological data reveal that women are more likely than men to suffer from insomnia symptoms. We investigate the role that mental health history plays in explaining the gender disparity in insomnia symptoms...
- A longitudinal study of preschoolers' language-based bedtime routines, sleep duration, and well-beingLauren Hale
Graduate Program in Public Health, Department of Preventive Medicine, Stony Brook University School of Medicine, Stony Brook, NY 11794 8338, USA
J Fam Psychol 25:423-33. 2011....
- Racial differences in self-reports of sleep duration in a population-based studyLauren Hale
State University of New York, Stony Brook, Department of Preventive Medicine, Graduate Program in Public Health, Stony Brook, NY 11794, USA
Sleep 30:1096-103. 2007..We investigated whether sleep duration varies by racial and ethnic characteristics and if some of these associations may be explained by residential context...
- Why are infant and child mortality rates lower in the MCH-FP area of Matlab, Bangladesh?Lauren Hale
State University of New York, Stony Brook, HSC Level 3, Room 071, Stony Brook, NY 11794, USA
Stud Fam Plann 37:281-92. 2006....
- Treat the source not the symptoms: why thinking about sleep informs the social determinants of healthLauren Hale
Health Educ Res 25:395-400. 2010..Policies and interventions that facilitate the autonomy of individuals therefore may not only help reduce individual sleep problems but also have broader consequences for ameliorating social disparities in health...
- Mother-child bed-sharing in toddlerhood and cognitive and behavioral outcomesR Gabriela Barajas
Teachers College, Columbia University, New York, New York, USA
Pediatrics 128:e339-47. 2011..We examined the predictors and consequences of mother-child bed-sharing at 1, 2, and 3 years of age in a racially/ethnically and geographically diverse sample of low-income families across the United States...
- Longitudinal associations between sleep duration and subsequent weight gain: a systematic reviewLorrie Magee
Doctoral Program in Population Health and Clinical Outcomes Research, Department of Preventive Medicine, HSC Level 3, Stony Brook University, Stony Brook, NY 11794 8338, USA
Sleep Med Rev 16:231-41. 2012..To systematically examine the relationship between sleep duration and subsequent weight gain in observational longitudinal human studies...
- Perceived neighborhood quality, sleep quality, and health status: Evidence from the Survey of the Health of WisconsinLauren Hale
Stony Brook University, USA Electronic address
Soc Sci Med 79:16-22. 2013..Taken together, these results confirm previous research and extend the generalizability of the indirect effect of perceived neighborhood context on health status through sleep quality...
- The effects of pregnancy spacing on infant and child mortality in Matlab, Bangladesh: how they vary by the type of pregnancy outcome that began the intervalJulie DaVanzo
RAND, Santa Monica, CA 90407 2138, USA
Popul Stud (Camb) 62:131-54. 2008..Many relationships found are consistent with the maternal depletion hypothesis, and some with sibling competition. Some appear to be due to correlated risks among births to the same mother...
- Neighborhood socioeconomic status and fruit and vegetable intake among whites, blacks, and Mexican Americans in the United StatesTamara Dubowitz
RAND Corporation, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
Am J Clin Nutr 87:1883-91. 2008..Factors that influence dietary intake of fruit and vegetables in these populations are only partly understood...
- Re: "objectively measured sleep characteristics among early-middle-aged adults: the CARDIA study"Lauren Hale
Am J Epidemiol 165:231-2; author reply 232-3. 2007
- Who has time to sleep?Lauren Hale
RAND Corporation, Santa Monica, CA 90407, USA
J Public Health (Oxf) 27:205-11. 2005..I examined whether marital status, educational background, and other sociodemographic variables are associated with higher-risk sleep durations...