Joseph G Feldman
Affiliation: State University of New York
- C-reactive protein is an independent predictor of mortality in women with HIV-1 infectionJoseph G Feldman
Department of Preventive Medicine and Community Health, SUNY, Downstate Medical Center, 450 Clarkson Ave, Brooklyn, NY 11203, USA
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 32:210-4. 2003..4- to 13.6-fold depending on how CRP values were grouped. CRP may be a useful and inexpensive predictor of HIV disease mortality in women...
- Serum albumin is a powerful predictor of survival among HIV-1-infected womenJoseph G Feldman
State University of New York Health Science Center at Brooklyn, Brooklyn, New York 11203, USA
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 33:66-73. 2003..We now extend this to the use of serial measurements and single albumin values prior to initiation of highly active antiretroviral therapy...
- Association of cigarette smoking with HIV prognosis among women in the HAART era: a report from the women's interagency HIV studyJoseph G Feldman
SUNY Downstate Medical Center, 450 Clarkson Ave, Brooklyn, NY 11203, USA
Am J Public Health 96:1060-5. 2006..We assessed the association of cigarette smoking with the effectiveness of highly active antiretroviral therapy (HAART) among low-income women...
- Relationship between smoking and human papillomavirus infections in HIV-infected and -uninfected womenHoward Minkoff
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Maimonides Medical Center, Brooklyn, New York, USA
J Infect Dis 189:1821-8. 2004..Among HIV-infected women, smoking is associated with a significantly higher prevalence and incidence of HPV infection. Smoking during HIV infection may alter the natural history of HPV infection and increase the risk of cervical disease...
- Effect of dialysis modality on plasma fibrinogen concentration: a meta-analysisPhilip Goldwasser
Department of Medicine, Veterans Affairs New York Harbor Healthcare Center, Brooklyn, NY 11209, USA
Am J Kidney Dis 44:941-9. 2004..Worse vascular outcome has been noted in PD patients compared with HD patients in several studies...
- Live birth patterns among human immunodeficiency virus-infected women before and after the availability of highly active antiretroviral therapyAnjali Sharma
Department of Infectious Diseases, State University of New York Downstate Medical Center, Brooklyn, NY 11203, USA
Am J Obstet Gynecol 196:541.e1-6. 2007..The objective of the study was to investigate the relationship between human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) infection and childbearing before and after the availability of highly active antiretroviral therapy (HAART)...
- Serum prealbumin is higher in peritoneal dialysis than in hemodialysis: a meta-analysisPhilip Goldwasser
Department of Medicine, VA New York Harbor Heathcare Center Brooklyn, 800 Poly Place 111 F, Brooklyn, NY 11209, USA
Kidney Int 62:276-81. 2002....
- Association between renal disease and outcomes among HIV-infected women receiving or not receiving antiretroviral therapyLynda Anne Szczech
Division of Nephrology, Department of Medicine, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina 27710, USA
Clin Infect Dis 39:1199-206. 2004..The associations of proteinuria and an elevated creatinine level with progression to acquired immunodeficiency syndrome (AIDS) and death in the era of highly antiretroviral therapy (HAART) have not been fully described...
- High sensitivity C-reactive protein and response to highly active antiretroviral therapy in women with HIV-1 infectionJack A DeHovitz
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 42:383-4. 2006