Judith A Crowell
Affiliation: State University of New York
- Parental divorce and adult children's attachment representations and marital statusJudith A Crowell
State University of New York at Stony Brook, NY, USA
Attach Hum Dev 11:87-101. 2009..Among adult children of divorce, those who were classified as secure in their attachment representations were less likely to divorce in the early years of marriage than insecure participants...
- Assessing secure base behavior in adulthood: development of a measure, links to adult attachment representations, and relations to couples' communication and reports of relationshipsJudith A Crowell
Department of Psychiatry, State University of New York at Stony Brook, 11794, USA
Dev Psychol 38:679-93. 2002..Vivian, 1993), a communication-based system. The SBSS predicted relationship variables beyond the RMICS, especially for women. Results indicate that the secure base phenomenon provides a cogent perspective on adult attachment behavior...
- When "new" meets "old": configurations of adult attachment representations and their implications for marital functioningDominique Treboux
Department of Psychology, State University of New York at Stony Brook, Stony Brook, NY, USA
Dev Psychol 40:295-314. 2004..The findings of the studies address important points about the protective effects of attachment security and have interesting implications for the extension of attachment theory into adulthood...
- Stability of attachment representations: the transition to marriageJudith A Crowell
Department of Psychiatry, State University of New York at Stony Brook, 11794 2500, USA
Dev Psychol 38:467-79. 2002..Only 46% of participants initially classified as unresolved retained the classification. Stability of the unresolved classification was associated with stressful life events and relationship aggression...
- Assessment of attachment security in a clinical setting: observations of parents and childrenJudith A Crowell
Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, State University of New York at Stony Brook, New York, USA
J Dev Behav Pediatr 24:199-204. 2003
- Attachment and externalizing disorders: a developmental psychopathology perspectiveSarit Guttmann-Steinmetz
State University of New York at Stony Brook, NY 11794 8790, USA
J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry 45:440-51. 2006....
- Reading others emotions: The role of intuitive judgments in predicting marital satisfaction, quality, and stabilityRobert J Waldinger
Judge Baker Children s Center and Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
J Fam Psychol 18:58-71. 2004..The unique advantages of naive coding of emotion expression in marital interaction are discussed...
- Prospective associations from family-of-origin interactions to adult marital interactions and relationship adjustmentSarah W Whitton
Judge Baker Children s Center, Department of Psychiatry, Harvard Medical School, MA USA
J Fam Psychol 22:274-86. 2008..These findings suggest a long-lasting influence of family communication patterns, particularly hostility, on offspring's intimate communication and relationship functioning...