Genomes and Genes
Stacy W Blain
Affiliation: State University of New York
- Breast cancer banishes p27 from nucleusStacy W Blain
Nat Med 8:1076-8. 2002
- Switching cyclin D-Cdk4 kinase activity on and offStacy W Blain
Departments of Pediatrics and Anatomy and Cell Biology and Program in Molecular and Cellular Biology of the School of Graduate Studies, SUNY Downstate Medical Center, Brooklyn, New York, USA
Cell Cycle 7:892-8. 2008..This perspective highlights the significance of this finding in terms of normal cell cycle progression and tumor development...
- p27 as a target for cancer therapeuticsStacy W Blain
Department of Cell Biology and Genetics, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Institute, 1275 York Avenue, New York, NY 10021, USA
Cancer Cell 3:111-5. 2003
- Differential modification of p27Kip1 controls its cyclin D-cdk4 inhibitory activityMelissa K James
Department of Pediatrics, SUNY Downstate Medical Center, 450 Clarkson Ave, Box 49, Brooklyn, NY 11203, USA
Mol Cell Biol 28:498-510. 2008..These data show that the growth-state-dependent tyrosine phosphorylation of p27 modulates its inhibitory activity in vivo...
- Chk1 has an essential role in the survival of differentiated cortical neurons in the absence of DNA damageWeizhen Ye
Department of Pediatrics, State University of New York, Downstate Medical Center, Brooklyn, 12003, USA
Apoptosis 16:449-59. 2011..Our results indicate that Chk1 is essential for neuronal survival, and perturbation of this pathway increases a cell's sensitivity to naturally accumulating DNA damage...
- p27Kip1 inhibits cyclin D-cyclin-dependent kinase 4 by two independent modesArpita Ray
Program in Molecular and Cellular Biology, School of Graduate Studies, SUNY Downstate Medical Center, Brooklyn, New York 11203, USA
Mol Cell Biol 29:986-99. 2009....
- Tyrosine phosphorylation of the p21 cyclin-dependent kinase inhibitor facilitates the development of proneural gliomaEllen Hukkelhoven
Gerstner School of Biomedical Sciences, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, New York 10021, USA
J Biol Chem 287:38523-30. 2012..Consequently, we conclude that tyrosine phosphorylation contributes to the conversion of CDK inhibitors from tumor-suppressive roles to oncogenic roles...
- S phase entry causes homocysteine-induced death while ataxia telangiectasia and Rad3 related protein functions anti-apoptotically to protect neuronsWeizhen Ye
Department of Paediatrics, State University of New York, Downstate Medical Centre, Brooklyn, NY 11203, USA
Brain 133:2295-312. 2010..As cell cycle events appear to be maintained in vivo in affected neurons for weeks to years before apoptosis is observed, activation of the DNA damage response might be able to hold cell cycle-induced death in check...