Jacob V Aranda
Affiliation: State University of New York
- Caffeine impact on neonatal morbiditiesJacob V Aranda
Division of Neonatology and Perinatal Translational Research Laboratory, State University of New York Downstate Medical Center, Brooklyn, NY, USA
J Matern Fetal Neonatal Med 23:20-3. 2010..Since its use in newborns three decades ago, caffeine is now one of the safest, most cost-beneficial and effective therapies in the newborn...
- A randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial on intravenous ibuprofen L-lysine for the early closure of nonsymptomatic patent ductus arteriosus within 72 hours of birth in extremely low-birth-weight infantsJacob V Aranda
The Children s Hospital of Michigan, Wayne State University, Detroit, MI, USA
Am J Perinatol 26:235-45. 2009..A trend toward decreased periventricular leukomalacia by ibuprofen was noted. IV ibuprofen was effective and safe in the early closure of PDA in preterm neonates...
- Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) in the newborn - which ones?Jacob V Aranda
State University of New York Downstate Medical Center, Brooklyn, NY, USA
J Matern Fetal Neonatal Med 22:21-2. 2009..To determine which nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) are being used in newborns...
- Effects of probiotics, prebiotics, and synbiotics on messenger RNA expression of caveolin-1, NOS, and genes regulating oxidative stress in the terminal ileum of formula-fed neonatal ratsAntoni D'Souza
Department of Pediatrics, State University of New York, Downstate Medical Center, Brooklyn, New York 11203, USA
Pediatr Res 67:526-31. 2010..These data provide a probable mechanism for the benefits of supplemented formula for decreasing the severity of NEC by preserving the antioxidant systems...
- Comparative effects of probiotics, prebiotics, and synbiotics on growth factors in the large bowel in a rat model of formula-induced bowel inflammationLawrence Fordjour
Department of Pediatrics, Division of Neonatal Perinatal Medicine, State University of New York, Downstate Medical Center, Brooklyn, NY 11203, USA
J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr 51:507-13. 2010..We tested the hypothesis that probiotics, prebiotics, or synbiotics supplementation preserves intestinal insulin-like growth factors (IGFs) and epidermal growth factors (EGFs) in formula-fed neonatal rats...