Jacob V Aranda
Affiliation: State University of New York
- A randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial on intravenous ibuprofen L-lysine for the early closure of nonsymptomatic patent ductus arteriosus within 72 hours of birth in extremely low-birth-weight infantsJacob V Aranda
The Children s Hospital of Michigan, Wayne State University, Detroit, MI, USA
Am J Perinatol 26:235-45. 2009..A trend toward decreased periventricular leukomalacia by ibuprofen was noted. IV ibuprofen was effective and safe in the early closure of PDA in preterm neonates...
- Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) in the newborn - which ones?Jacob V Aranda
State University of New York Downstate Medical Center, Brooklyn, NY, USA
J Matern Fetal Neonatal Med 22:21-2. 2009..To determine which nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) are being used in newborns...
- Comparative effects of probiotics, prebiotics, and synbiotics on growth factors in the large bowel in a rat model of formula-induced bowel inflammationLawrence Fordjour
Department of Pediatrics, Division of Neonatal Perinatal Medicine, State University of New York, Downstate Medical Center, Brooklyn, NY 11203, USA
J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr 51:507-13. 2010..We tested the hypothesis that probiotics, prebiotics, or synbiotics supplementation preserves intestinal insulin-like growth factors (IGFs) and epidermal growth factors (EGFs) in formula-fed neonatal rats...
- Response of vascular endothelial growth factor and angiogenesis-related genes to stepwise increases in inspired oxygen in neonatal rat lungsMichael Keenaghan
Department of Pediatrics, Division of Pulmonology, State University of New York, Downstate Medical Center, Brooklyn, New York, NY, USA
Pediatr Res 73:630-8. 2013..We tested the hypothesis that there is a critical threshold of inspired O2 (FiO2) that alters pulmonary angiogenesis...
- Chorioamnionitis and ontogeny of circulating prostaglandin and thromboxane in preterm infantsGirija Natarajan
Division of Neonatology, Children s Hospital of Michigan and Hutzel Women s Hospital, Detroit, MI 48201, USA
Am J Perinatol 25:491-7. 2008..Further research on their role in the causation of adverse neonatal outcomes is necessary...
- Caffeine impact on neonatal morbiditiesJacob V Aranda
Division of Neonatology and Perinatal Translational Research Laboratory, State University of New York Downstate Medical Center, Brooklyn, NY, USA
J Matern Fetal Neonatal Med 23:20-3. 2010..Since its use in newborns three decades ago, caffeine is now one of the safest, most cost-beneficial and effective therapies in the newborn...
- Effects of probiotics, prebiotics, and synbiotics on messenger RNA expression of caveolin-1, NOS, and genes regulating oxidative stress in the terminal ileum of formula-fed neonatal ratsAntoni D'Souza
Department of Pediatrics, State University of New York, Downstate Medical Center, Brooklyn, New York 11203, USA
Pediatr Res 67:526-31. 2010..These data provide a probable mechanism for the benefits of supplemented formula for decreasing the severity of NEC by preserving the antioxidant systems...