Affiliation: Stanford University
- Web-based self-management support training for health professionals: a pilot studyVeronica Yank
Division of General Medical Disciplines, Stanford University, Stanford, CA 94304 5411, USA
Patient Educ Couns 90:29-37. 2013..Patients spend 99% of their time outside the healthcare system. Thus self-management support from health professionals is central to optimal care. Our objective was to teach health professionals the skills to provide this support...
- Baseline reach and adoption characteristics in a randomized controlled trial of two weight loss interventions translated into primary care: a structured report of real-world applicabilityVeronica Yank
Division of General Medical Disciplines, Stanford University School of Medicine, Medical School Office Building, 1265 Welch Road, Mail Code 5411, Stanford, CA 94305 5411, USA
Contemp Clin Trials 34:126-35. 2013....
- Financial ties and concordance between results and conclusions in meta-analyses: retrospective cohort studyVeronica Yank
Stanford University, Stanford Medical Group, Stanford, CA 94305 5765, USA
BMJ 335:1202-5. 2007..To determine whether financial ties to one drug company are associated with favourable results or conclusions in meta-analyses on antihypertensive drugs...
- Systematic review: benefits and harms of in-hospital use of recombinant factor VIIa for off-label indicationsVeronica Yank
Stanford University, Stanford, CA, USA
Ann Intern Med 154:529-40. 2011..Recombinant factor VIIa (rFVIIa), a hemostatic agent approved for hemophilia, is increasingly used for off-label indications...
- Off-label use of recombinant factor VIIa in U.S. hospitals: analysis of hospital recordsAaron C Logan
Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, CA, USA
Ann Intern Med 154:516-22. 2011..Recombinant factor VIIa (rFVIIa) is approved for treatment of bleeding in patients who have hemophilia with inhibitors but has been applied to a wide range of off-label indications...
- Translating an evidence-based lifestyle intervention program into primary care: lessons learnedAndrea C Blonstein
Palo Alto Medical Foundation Research Institute, Palo Alto, CA 94301, USA
Health Promot Pract 14:491-7. 2013..Challenges remain, and we offer possible solutions to overcome them...
- Variations between obese latinos and whites in weight-related counseling during preventive clinical visits in the United StatesJun Ma
Department of Health Services Research, Palo Alto Medical Foundation Research Institute, Palo Alto, California, USA Stanford Prevention Research Center, Stanford University, Stanford, California, USA
Obesity (Silver Spring) 21:1734-41. 2013..To examine rate differences and explanatory factors for lifestyle counseling to obese Latinos versus non-Hispanic whites (NHWs) in U.S. outpatient settings...
- Algorithm for balancing both continuous and categorical covariates in randomized controlled trialsLan Xiao
Department of Health Services Research, Palo Alto Medical Foundation Research Institute, 795 El Camino Real, Ames Building, Palo Alto, CA, United States
Comput Methods Programs Biomed 108:1185-90. 2012..All of the continuous and categorical covariates were well balanced, and the results were comparable to the comparison method...