Steven T Woolson
Affiliation: Stanford University
- Letter to the editorSteven T Woolson
J Arthroplasty 19:132-3; author reply 133. 2004
- A comparison of the results of total hip and knee arthroplasty performed on a teaching service or a private practice serviceSteven T Woolson
Stanford University Medical Center, R144, Stanford, CA 94305, USA
J Bone Joint Surg Am 89:601-7. 2007..We evaluated the early clinical results and complications associated with primary total hip and knee arthroplasties at a hospital that had both university teaching and private practice orthopaedic services...
- Incidence of radiographic unicompartmental arthritis in patients undergoing knee arthroplastySteven T Woolson
Palo Alto Veteran s Administration Hospital, Palo Alto, California, USA
Orthopedics 33:798. 2010..A considerable percentage of Veteran's Administration patients undergoing arthroplasty for knee arthritis may be potential candidates for unicompartmental knee arthroplasty, despite the surgeon's bias for or against the procedure...
- Long-term comparison of mobile-bearing vs fixed-bearing total knee arthroplastySteven T Woolson
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Stanford University Medical Center, Stanford, California, USA
J Arthroplasty 26:1219-23. 2011..In patients who did not have revision surgery, there were no differences between the groups with respect to mean Knee Society scores, knee flexion, or pain scores...
- Local infiltration analgesia in TKA patients reduces length of stay and postoperative pain scoresKrishna R Tripuraneni
Department of Orthopedic Surgery, Stanford University, Stanford, California, USA
Orthopedics 34:173. 2011..01) were reduced in the local infiltration analgesia group. Our early experience with local infiltration analgesia demonstrated a significantly reduced length of stay due to decreased postoperative pain...
- In the absence of evidence--why bother? A literature review of minimally invasive total hip replacement surgerySteven T Woolson
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Stanford University Medical School, Stanford, California, USA
Instr Course Lect 55:189-93. 2006..Comparison studies that prove both significant advantages and low complication rates for small incision THR are needed before these procedures can be recommended for general use...
- Comparison of scars from total hip replacements done with a standard or a mini-incisionChristopher S Mow
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Stanford University Medical School, Stanford, CA 94025, USA
Clin Orthop Relat Res 441:80-5. 2005..Level of Evidence: Therapeutic study, Level II-2 (prospective comparative study). See the Guidelines for Authors for a complete description of levels of evidence...
- Primary total hip arthroplasty using an anterior approach and a fracture table: short-term results from a community hospitalSteven T Woolson
Department of Orthopedic Surgery, Stanford University Medical Center, Stanford, California 94305, USA
J Arthroplasty 24:999-1005. 2009..However, no postoperative dislocations occurred. Adequate training is critical to reduce the risk of complications during the learning experience of minimally invasive hip arthroplasty procedures by community practice surgeons...
- Autologous blood transfusion after total knee arthroplasty: a randomized, prospective study comparing predonated and postoperative salvage bloodSteven T Woolson
Stanford University Hospital, Stanford, California, USA
J Arthroplasty 18:243-9. 2003..Postoperative blood salvage was as effective as predonated autologous blood in preventing the risk associated with allogeneic blood after TKA...
- Preoperative autologous donation for hip replacementSteven T Woolson
J Bone Joint Surg Am 85:2485-6; author reply 2486-7. 2003