Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: Stanford University
- Cell culture and whole animal approaches to understanding signaling by Wnt proteins in DrosophilaR Nusse
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Department of Developmental Biology, Beckman Center, Stanford University Medical Center, California 94305 5428, USA
Cold Spring Harb Symp Quant Biol 62:185-90. 1997
- Beta-catenin: a key mediator of Wnt signalingK Willert
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Department of Developmental Biology, Backman Center, Stanford University Medical Center, California 94305, USA
Curr Opin Genet Dev 8:95-102. 1998..Activating mutations in beta-catenin and in components regulating its stability can contribute to the formation of certain tumors...
- A Drosophila Axin homolog, Daxin, inhibits Wnt signalingK Willert
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Department of Developmental Biology, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, CA 94305, USA
Development 126:4165-73. 1999..The loss-of-function and overexpression phenotypes show that Daxin, like its mammalian counterpart, acts as a negative regulator of wg/Wnt signaling...
- Wnt signaling regulates B lymphocyte proliferation through a LEF-1 dependent mechanismT Reya
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Department of Microbiology and Immunology, University of California, San Francisco, 94143, USA
Immunity 13:15-24. 2000..Finally, we establish a link between Wnt signaling and normal B cell development by demonstrating that Wnt proteins are mitogenic for pro-B cells and that this effect is mediated by LEF-1...
- WNT signaling in the control of hair growth and structureS E Millar
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Stanford University, Stanford, California, 94305 5428, USA
Dev Biol 207:133-49. 1999....
- Casein kinase 2 associates with and phosphorylates dishevelledK Willert
Howard Hughes Medical Institute and Department of Developmental Biology, Stanford University School of Medicine, CA 94305, USA
EMBO J 16:3089-96. 1997..Overexpression of Dfz2, a Wingless receptor, also stimulated phosphorylation of Dsh, Dsh-associated kinase activity, and association of CK2 with Dsh, thus suggesting a role for CK2 in the transduction of the Wg signal...
- Two members of the Tcf family implicated in Wnt/beta-catenin signaling during embryogenesis in the mouseV Korinek
Department of Immunology, University Hospital, Utrecht, The Netherlands
Mol Cell Biol 18:1248-56. 1998..These data demonstrate a direct link between Wnt stimulation and beta-catenin/Tcf transcriptional activation and imply a role for mTcf-3 and -4 in early Wnt-driven developmental decisions in the mouse embryo...
- The status of Wnt signalling regulates neural and epidermal fates in the chick embryoS I Wilson
Department of Microbiology, , , Sweden
Nature 411:325-30. 2001..Conversely, a lack of exposure of epiblast cells to Wnt signals permits FGFs to induce a neural fate...