Affiliation: Stanford University
- Blockade of Wnt-1 signaling leads to anti-tumor effects in hepatocellular carcinoma cellsWei Wei
Asian Liver Center, Department of Surgery, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, CA 94305, USA
Mol Cancer 8:76. 2009..Since the Wnt/beta-catenin pathway is essential in HCC carcinogenesis, we studied the inhibition of Wnt-1-mediated signaling as a potential molecular target in HCC...
- Small molecule antagonists of Tcf4/beta-catenin complex inhibit the growth of HCC cells in vitro and in vivoWei Wei
Asian Liver Center, Department of Surgery, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, CA 94305 5655, USA
Int J Cancer 126:2426-36. 2010..Our results suggest that these 3 antagonists of the Tcf4/beta-catenin complex are potential chemotherapeutic agents which may offer a pathway specific option for the clinical management of HCC...
- Soluble Frizzled-7 receptor inhibits Wnt signaling and sensitizes hepatocellular carcinoma cells towards doxorubicinWei Wei
Asian Liver Center, Department of Surgery, 1201 Welch Road, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, CA 94305, USA
Mol Cancer 10:16. 2011..Recent studies have identified the Frizzled-7 receptor (FZD7), important for activation of Wnt-mediated signaling, as a potential therapeutic target for HCC and other cancers...
- Treatment of cultured myotubes with the proteasome inhibitor beta-lactone increases the expression of the transcription factor C/EBPbetaWei Wei
Department of Surgery, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, 330 Brookline Avenue ST 919, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 292:C216-26. 2007..The observations are important because they increase the understanding of the complex regulation of the expression and activity of C/EBPbeta in skeletal muscle...
- Role of glucocorticoids in the molecular regulation of muscle wastingMichael Menconi
Department of Surgery, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
Crit Care Med 35:S602-8. 2007..To review glucocorticoid-regulated molecular mechanisms of muscle wasting...
- DNA polymerase beta-catalyzed-PCNA independent long patch base excision repair synthesis: a mechanism for repair of oxidatively damaged DNA ends in post-mitotic brainWei Wei
Department of Surgery, University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, Texas 77555 1220, USA
J Neurochem 107:734-44. 2008..The differences highlight the physiological relevance of the recently proposed 'Hit and Run' mechanism of alternating cleavage/synthesis steps, in the proliferating cell nuclear antigen-independent LP-BER process...
- Dexamethasone-induced protein degradation in cultured myotubes is p300/HAT dependentHongmei Yang
Department of Surgery, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol 292:R337-4. 2007..The results also provide evidence that dexamethasone-induced protein degradation in cultured myotubes is, at least in part, regulated by p300/HAT activity...
- Vasorelaxation induced by vascular endothelial growth factor in the human internal mammary artery and radial arteryWei Wei
Providence Heart and Vascular Institute, Starr Academic Center, Department of Surgery, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, OR, USA
Vascul Pharmacol 46:253-9. 2007..The role of nitric oxide (NO), prostacyclin (PGI2), and endothelium-derived hyperpolarizing factor (EDHF) was investigated...