Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: Stanford University
- Clonal analysis of mouse development reveals a polyclonal origin for yolk sac blood islandsHiroo Ueno
Institute of Stem Cell Biology and Regenerative Medicine and Department of Pathology and Developmental Biology, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, California 94305, USA
Dev Cell 11:519-33. 2006..Moreover, contribution by individual hemangioblast progenitors to both endothelial and hematopoietic lineages within an island, if it happens at all, is an infrequent event...
- IGFBP-4 is an inhibitor of canonical Wnt signalling required for cardiogenesisWeidong Zhu
Department of Cardiovascular Science and Medicine, Chiba University Graduate School of Medicine, Chiba 260 8670, Japan
Nature 454:345-9. 2008..IGFBP-4 is therefore an inhibitor of the canonical Wnt signalling required for cardiogenesis and provides a molecular link between IGF signalling and Wnt signalling...
- Expression of kin of irregular chiasm-like 3/mKirre in proprioceptive neurons of the dorsal root ganglia and its interaction with nephrin in muscle spindlesTadasuke Komori
Department of Anatomy and Neurobiology, Wakayama Medical University, Wakayama, Japan
J Comp Neurol 511:92-108. 2008....
- Stem cells: blood lines from embryo to adultHiroo Ueno
Nature 446:996-7. 2007
- The origin and fate of yolk sac hematopoiesis: application of chimera analyses to developmental studiesHiroo Ueno
Institute of Stem Cell Biology and Regenerative Medicine, Department of Pathology, Ludwig Institute at Stanford University, Stanford University, Stanford, CA, USA
Int J Dev Biol 54:1019-31. 2010..In this review, we will survey the state of our current knowledge in these areas, and discuss the potential use of multicolor chimera analyses to elucidate unresolved questions...
- Two-step oligoclonal development of male germ cellsHiroo Ueno
Department of Pathology, Institute of Stem Cell Biology and Regenerative Medicine, Stanford University, Stanford, CA 94305, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 106:175-80. 2009..These results suggest a model of 2-step oligoclonal development of male germ cells in mice, the second step distinguishing the heritable germ line from cells selected not to participate in forming the next generation...
- Germ-layer and lineage-restricted stem/progenitors regenerate the mouse digit tipYuval Rinkevich
Stanford Institute for Stem Cell Biology and Regenerative Medicine, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, California 94305 5323, USA
Nature 476:409-13. 2011....
- Coronary arteries form by developmental reprogramming of venous cellsKristy Red-Horse
Department of Biochemistry and Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Stanford, California 94305 5307, USA
Nature 464:549-53. 2010..Understanding this new reprogramming process and identifying the endogenous signals should suggest more natural ways of engineering coronary bypass grafts and revascularizing the heart...
- The PIAS-like protein Zimp10 is essential for embryonic viability and proper vascular developmentJason Beliakoff
Departments of Urology and Genetics, S287, Grant Building, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, CA 94305 5118, USA
Mol Cell Biol 28:282-92. 2008..Using fra-1 promoter/reporter constructs, we further demonstrate the regulatory role of Zimp10 on the transcription of Fra-1. This study provides evidence to demonstrate a crucial role for Zimp10 in vasculogenesis...
- Sustained in vitro intestinal epithelial culture within a Wnt-dependent stem cell nicheAkifumi Ootani
Department of Medicine, Division of Hematology, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, California, USA
Nat Med 15:701-6. 2009..Our results indicate successful long-term intestinal culture within a microenvironment accurately recapitulating the Wnt- and Notch-dependent ISC niche...
- Identification of the endostyle as a stem cell niche in a colonial chordateAyelet Voskoboynik
Institute of Stem Cell Biology and Regenerative Medicine, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, CA 94305, USA
Cell Stem Cell 3:456-64. 2008..In contrast, cells from other Botryllus' regions do not show comparable stemness capabilities. Cumulatively, these results define the Botryllus' endostyle region as an adult somatic stem cell niche...
- A stromal cell-derived membrane protein that supports hematopoietic stem cellsHiroo Ueno
Virology Division, National Cancer Center Research Institute, 5 1 1 Tsukiji, Chuo Ku, Tokyo 104 0045, Japan
Nat Immunol 4:457-63. 2003..These results contribute to our understanding of the mechanisms by which the hematopoietic microenvironment regulates hematopoiesis...