Mintu P Turakhia
Affiliation: Stanford University
- Burden, timing, and relationship of cardiovascular hospitalization to mortality among Medicare beneficiaries with newly diagnosed atrial fibrillationMintu P Turakhia
Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, CA Electronic address
Am Heart J 166:573-80. 2013..Limited data exist on the burden and relationship of cardiovascular (CV) hospitalization to mortality after newly diagnosed with atrial fibrillation (AF)...
- Diagnostic utility of a novel leadless arrhythmia monitoring deviceMintu P Turakhia
Veterans Affairs Palo Alto Health Care System, Palo Alto, California Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, California Electronic address
Am J Cardiol 112:520-4. 2013..These findings could have significant implications for device selection, monitoring duration, and care pathways for arrhythmia evaluation and AF surveillance. ..
- US health care policy and reform: implications for cardiac electrophysiologyMintu P Turakhia
Veterans Affairs Palo Alto Health Care System, 3801 Miranda Ave, 111C, Palo Alto, CA 9430, USA
J Interv Card Electrophysiol 36:129-36. 2013..In this brief review, we will provide background and context to the problem of rising health care costs and describe salient reforms and their projected impacts on the field and practice of cardiac electrophysiology...
- Differences and trends in stroke prevention anticoagulation in primary care vs cardiology specialty management of new atrial fibrillation: The Retrospective Evaluation and Assessment of Therapies in AF (TREAT-AF) studyMintu P Turakhia
Veterans Affairs Palo Alto Health Care System, Palo Alto, CA Stanford University School of Medicine, Palo Alto, CA 94304, USA
Am Heart J 165:93-101.e1. 2013..Atrial fibrillation and flutter (AF, collectively) cause stroke. We evaluated whether treating specialty influences warfarin prescription in patients with newly diagnosed AF...
- Increase in end-systolic volume after exercise independently predicts mortality in patients with coronary heart disease: data from the Heart and Soul StudyMintu P Turakhia
Department of Medicine Cardiovascular Medicine, Stanford University, Stanford, CA, USA
Eur Heart J 30:2478-84. 2009..We investigated the role of the change in ESV at rest and after peak exercise on mortality among patients with stable coronary heart disease (CHD)...
- JICE goes "social"Mintu P Turakhia
Veterans Affairs Palo Alto Health Care System, Stanford University, 3801 Miranda Ave 111C, Palo Alto, CA, 94304, USA
J Interv Card Electrophysiol 32:79-80. 2011..We encourage you to take the plunge and connect to our Facebook page...
- Sudden cardiac death and implantable cardioverter-defibrillatorsMintu P Turakhia
Veterans Affairs Palo Alto Health Care System, CA 94304 5588, USA
Am Fam Physician 82:1357-66. 2010..Consultation with a subspecialist and interrogation of the ICD can determine if shocks were appropriate or inappropriate and can facilitate management...
- Cost-effectiveness of pharmacologic and invasive therapies for stroke prophylaxis in atrial fibrillationMatthew D Solomon
Veterans Affairs Palo Alto Healthcare System, Palo Alto, California 94304, USA
J Cardiovasc Med (Hagerstown) 13:86-96. 2012....
- The CHADS2 score predicts ischemic stroke in the absence of atrial fibrillation among subjects with coronary heart disease: data from the Heart and Soul StudyChristine C Welles
Department of Medicine, University of California, San Francisco, CA, USA
Am Heart J 162:555-61. 2011..We sought to evaluate the prognostic performance of the CHADS(2) score for prediction of ischemic stroke/transient ischemic attack (TIA) in subjects with coronary heart disease (CHD) without atrial fibrillation (AF)...
- Ability of microvolt T-wave alternans to modify risk assessment of ventricular tachyarrhythmic events: a meta-analysisAnurag Gupta
Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, CA, USA
Am Heart J 163:354-64. 2012....
- Anticoagulation for atrial fibrillation in patients on dialysis: are the benefits worth the risks?Jenny I Shen
Division of Nephrology, Stanford University School of Medicine and Veterans Affairs Palo Alto Healthcare System, Palo Alto, California 94304, USA
Curr Opin Nephrol Hypertens 21:600-6. 2012..We summarize the available evidence on the epidemiology of atrial fibrillation in dialysis patients and review the data on the effectiveness of oral anticoagulation in this population...
- Inappropriate pacing in a patient with managed ventricular pacing: what is the cause?MARCO V PEREZ
Cardiac Arrhythmia Service, Division of Cardiovascular Medicine, Stanford University, Stanford, California, USA
Heart Rhythm 7:1336-7. 2010..The mechanisms for these behaviors are described...
- Cost-effectiveness of dabigatran compared with warfarin for stroke prevention in atrial fibrillationJames V Freeman
Stanford University School of Medicine, California, USA
Ann Intern Med 154:1-11. 2011..Dabigatran is a fixed-dose, oral direct thrombin inhibitor with similar or reduced rates of ischemic stroke and intracranial hemorrhage in patients with AF compared with those of warfarin...
- The prognostic value of early repolarization with ST-segment elevation in African AmericansMARCO V PEREZ
Division of Cardiovascular Medicine, Department of Medicine, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, California 94305 5233, USA
Heart Rhythm 9:558-65. 2012..The prognostic value of this pattern in different ethnicities remains controversial...