Genomes and Genes
A V Terskikh
Affiliation: Stanford University
- "Fluorescent timer": protein that changes color with timeA Terskikh
School of Medicine, Stanford University, Stanford, CA 94305, USA
Science 290:1585-8. 2000..Thus, E5 is a "fluorescent timer" that can be used to monitor both activation and down-regulation of target promoters on the whole-organism scale...
- From hematopoiesis to neuropoiesis: evidence of overlapping genetic programsA V Terskikh
Stanford University School of Medicine, Department of Pathology, Beckman Center, Stanford, CA 94306, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 98:7934-9. 2001....
- Analysis of DsRed Mutants. Space around the fluorophore accelerates fluorescence developmentAlexey V Terskikh
Stanford University, School of Medicine, Beckman Center, Stanford, California 94305, USA
J Biol Chem 277:7633-6. 2002..Comparative analysis of the mutants in the context of the crystal structure of DsRed suggests that mutants with free space around the fluorophore mature faster and more completely...
- Long-term persistence of a nonintegrated lentiviral vector in mouse hematopoietic stem cellsAlexey V Terskikh
Swiss Federal Institute of Technology EPFL, Lausanne, Switzerland
Exp Hematol 33:873-82. 2005..Lentiviral transduction is an established method for efficiently modifying the gene expression program of primary cells, but the ability of the introduced construct to persist as an episome has not been well studied...
- Neural progenitor genes. Germinal zone expression and analysis of genetic overlap in stem cell populationsMathew C Easterday
Interdepartmental Program for Neuroscience, UCLA, School of Medicine, University of California Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
Dev Biol 264:309-22. 2003..Taken together, these studies identify many genes not previously associated with neural progenitor cell biology and also provide a rational scheme for stratification of microarray data for functional analysis...
- Gene expression analysis of purified hematopoietic stem cells and committed progenitorsAlexey V Terskikh
Department Pathology and Developm, ental Biology, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, CA, USA
Blood 102:94-101. 2003....
- Cryopreservation by slow cooling with DMSO diminished production of Oct-4 pluripotency marker in human embryonic stem cellsIgor I Katkov
UCSD Cancer Center, San Diego, CA 92122, USA Stem Cell Center Core, Burnham Institute for Medical Research BIMR, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
Cryobiology 53:194-205. 2006..It is concluded that new protocols and media are required for freezing hESC and safe storage at -80 degrees C as well as studies of the mechanisms of stress-related events associated with cell cryopreservation...
- Maternal embryonic leucine zipper kinase (MELK) regulates multipotent neural progenitor proliferationIchiro Nakano
Department of Pharmacology, David Geffen School of Medicine at the University of California, Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
J Cell Biol 170:413-27. 2005..These findings indicate that MELK is necessary for proliferation of embryonic and postnatal MNP and suggest that it regulates the transition from GFAP-expressing progenitors to rapid amplifying progenitors in the postnatal brain...
- Simple and efficient isolation of hematopoietic stem cells from H2K-zFP transgenic miceDidier Surdez
Department of Life Science, Swiss Federal Institute of Technology, Lausanne, Switzerland
Stem Cells 23:1617-25. 2005..This approach will greatly facilitate gene transfer, including short interfering RNA for gene knockdown, into HSCs and, consequently, into all other hematopoietic lineages...
- Mammalian stem cellsAlexey V Terskikh
Burnham Institute for Medical Research, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
Pediatr Res 59:13R-20R. 2006..For the complimentary information about various stem cells and their properties we recommend consulting the National Institutes of Health stem cell resources (http://stemcells.nih.gov/info/basics)...
- Genetically encoded fluorescent indicator for intracellular hydrogen peroxideVsevolod V Belousov
Laboratory of Genes for Regeneration, Shemyakin Ovchinnikov Institute of Bioorganic Chemistry, Russian Academy of Sciences, Miklukho Maklaya Street 16 10, Moscow 117997, Russia
Nat Methods 3:281-6. 2006..Moreover, sensitivity of the probe was sufficient to observe H(2)O(2) increase upon physiological stimulation. Using HyPer we detected temporal increase in H(2)O(2) in the cytoplasm of PC-12 cells stimulated with nerve growth factor...