Melinda L Telli
Affiliation: Stanford University
- Phase II Study of Gemcitabine, Carboplatin, and Iniparib As Neoadjuvant Therapy for Triple-Negative and BRCA1/2 Mutation-Associated Breast Cancer With Assessment of a Tumor-Based Measure of Genomic Instability: PrECOG 0105Melinda L Telli
Melinda L Telli, Kristin C Jensen, Shaveta Vinayak, Allison W Kurian, Jafi A Lipson, Patrick J Flaherty, Elizabeth A Schackmann, Irene L Wapnir, Robert W Carlson, Pei Jen Chang, and James M Ford, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford Bobbie Head, Marin Specialty Care, Greenbrae, CA Kirsten Timms, Victor Abkevich, Julia E Reid, and Anne Renee Hartman, Myriad Genetics, Salt Lake City, UT Joseph A Sparano, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, New York, NY Lori J Goldstein, Fox Chase Cancer Center, Philadelphia, PA Barbara Haley, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX Shaker R Dakhil, Cancer Center of Kansas, Wichita, KS and Judith Manola, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, MA
J Clin Oncol 33:1895-901. 2015..This study was designed to assess efficacy, safety, and predictors of response to iniparib in combination with gemcitabine and carboplatin in early-stage triple-negative and BRCA1/2 mutation-associated breast cancer...
- Patient-derived xenografts of triple-negative breast cancer reproduce molecular features of patient tumors and respond to mTOR inhibitionHaiyu Zhang
Breast Cancer Res 16:R36. 2014..We describe a panel of patient-derived xenografts representing multiple TNBC subtypes and use them to test preclinical drug efficacy of two mTOR inhibitors, sirolimus (rapamycin) and temsirolimus (CCI-779)...
- Single cell mutational analysis of PIK3CA in circulating tumor cells and metastases in breast cancer reveals heterogeneity, discordance, and mutation persistence in cultured disseminated tumor cells from bone marrowGlenn Deng
College of Life Science and Chemistry, Wuhan Donghu University, Wuhan, P, R, China
BMC Cancer 14:456. 2014..Here we analyze a series of single tumor cells, CTCs, and DTCs for PIK3CA mutations and report CTC and corresponding metastatic genotypes...
- Trastuzumab-related cardiac dysfunctionMelinda L Telli
Department of Medicine, Division of Medical Oncology, Stanford University, Stanford, CA 94305 5826, USA
J Natl Compr Canc Netw 9:243-9. 2011....
- Asian ethnicity and breast cancer subtypes: a study from the California Cancer RegistryMelinda L Telli
Division of Medical Oncology, Department of Medicine, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, CA 94305, USA
Breast Cancer Res Treat 127:471-8. 2011..Given the poor prognosis and high treatment costs of HER2-positive breast cancer, our results have implications for healthcare resource utilization, cancer biology, and clinical care...
- Novel treatment approaches for triple-negative breast cancerMelinda L Telli
Department of Medicine, Stanford University School of Medicine, CA 94305 5820, USA
Clin Breast Cancer 10:E16-22. 2010..Ongoing studies, including those investigating the role of antiangiogenic therapies, are also reviewed...
- Chest wall leiomyosarcoma after breast-conservative therapy for early-stage breast cancer in a young woman with Li-Fraumeni syndromeEve Henry
Department of Medicine, Stanford University, Stanford, California, USA
J Natl Compr Canc Netw 10:939-42. 2012....
- First-line chemotherapy for metastatic breast cancerMelinda L Telli
Department of Medicine, Division of Medical Oncology, Stanford University, CA, USA
Clin Breast Cancer 9:S66-72. 2009....
- Left ventricular dysfunction in patients receiving cardiotoxic cancer therapies are clinicians responding optimally?Geoffrey J Yoon
Division of Cardiovascular Medicine, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, California, USA
J Am Coll Cardiol 56:1644-50. 2010....
- Dynamic contrast-enhanced MRI-based biomarkers of therapeutic response in triple-negative breast cancerDaniel I Golden
Department of Radiology, Stanford University Medical Center, Stanford, California, USA
J Am Med Inform Assoc 20:1059-66. 2013..To predict the response of breast cancer patients to neoadjuvant chemotherapy (NAC) using features derived from dynamic contrast-enhanced (DCE) MRI...
- A clinical trial of lovastatin for modification of biomarkers associated with breast cancer riskShaveta Vinayak
Department of Medicine, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, CA, USA
Breast Cancer Res Treat 142:389-98. 2013..The results are inconclusive and do not exclude a favorable effect on breast cancer risk. ..
- Single cell profiling of circulating tumor cells: transcriptional heterogeneity and diversity from breast cancer cell linesAshley A Powell
Department of Surgery, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, California, USA
PLoS ONE 7:e33788. 2012..Here we demonstrate feasibility of performing high dimensional single CTC profiling, providing early insight into CTC heterogeneity and allowing comparisons to breast cancer cell lines widely used for drug discovery...
- PARP inhibitors in breast cancerMelinda L Telli
Department of Medicine, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, CA 94305 5151, USA
Clin Adv Hematol Oncol 8:629-35. 2010..We also provide commentary on a series of outstanding questions in the field, the answers to which will be critical for the successful development of PARP inhibitor-based strategies in early- and late-stage breast cancer...
- Chemotherapy-associated cardiotoxicity: how often does it really occur and how can it be prevented?Ronald M Witteles
Division of Cardiovascular Medicine, Stanford University School of Medicine, 300 Pasteur Drive, Falk CVRC, Stanford, CA 94305, USA
Heart Fail Clin 7:333-44. 2011....
- Longer relative telomere length in blood from women with sporadic and familial breast cancer compared with healthy controlsMaria M Gramatges
Department of Pediatrics, Stanford, CA, USA
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 19:605-13. 2010..0001). Our analysis supports previous findings of longer RTL in breast cancer cases compared with controls, and is the first to observe longer RTL in women without breast cancer identified as high risk based on family history...
- Trastuzumab-related cardiotoxicity: calling into question the concept of reversibilityMelinda L Telli
Department of Medicine, Division of Medical Oncology, Stanford University, Stanford, CA, USA
J Clin Oncol 25:3525-33. 2007..To assess the spectrum and reversibility of the cardiotoxicity observed in the adjuvant trastuzumab trials...
- Phyllodes tumors of the breast: natural history, diagnosis, and treatmentMelinda L Telli
Department of Medicine, Stanford University, Stanford, CA, USA
J Natl Compr Canc Netw 5:324-30. 2007..Adjuvant systemic therapy is of no proven value. Patients with locally recurrent disease should undergo wide excision of the recurrence with or without subsequent radiotherapy...