Affiliation: Stanford University
- The quality of care delivered to Parkinson's disease patients in the U.S. Pacific Northwest Veterans Health SystemKari Swarztrauber
Providence Health System, Newberg, Oregon, USA
BMC Neurol 6:26. 2006....
- Nonphysicians' and physicians' knowledge and care preferences for Parkinson's diseaseKari Swarztrauber
Specialty Services, Providence Medical Group, Newberg, OR 97312, USA
Mov Disord 22:704-7. 2007..Policies to substitute nonphysician providers for physician providers may increase referrals to specialty providers for diagnostic confirmation...
- Barriers to the management of patients with surgically remediable intractable epilepsyKari Swarztrauber
Department of Neurology, Oregon Health Sciences University, and Health Services Research, Parkinson s Disease Research Education and Clinical Center, Portland Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Portland, Oregon, USA
CNS Spectr 9:146-52. 2004..Solutions to these barriers will require interventions that result in informed and capable patients who actively participate in their care and healthcare providers who practice culturally sensitive, recommended care...
- Identifying and distinguishing cases of parkinsonism and Parkinson's disease using ICD-9 CM codes and pharmacy dataKari Swarztrauber
Parkinson s Disease Research Education and Clinical Center, Portland VA Medical Center, Portland, Oregon, USA
Mov Disord 20:964-70. 2005..Administrative data are limited in the ability to identify parkinsonism. The ICD-9 CM code, 332.0, which is generally considered the code to identify Parkinson's disease, did not distinguish between parkinsonism and Parkinson's disease...
- Initial pharmacotherapy in a population of veterans with Parkinson diseaseKari Swarztrauber
Parkinson Disease Research Education and Clinical Center, Portland VA Medical Center, Portland, OR, USA
Neurology 66:1425-6. 2006..Initial pharmacotherapy is strongly influenced by the provider's specialty but mostly initiated by providers without PD expertise...
- Association of specialist involvement and quality of care for Parkinson's diseaseEric M Cheng
Parkinson s Disease Research, Education, and Clinical Center PADRECC, VA Greater Los Angeles Healthcare System, Los Angeles, California, USA
Mov Disord 22:515-22. 2007..Quality of care interventions should involve specialists in management of motor symptoms and incorporate methods for routine assessment of nonmotor PD symptoms...
- Physicians' preferences for specialty involvement in the care of patients with neurological conditionsKari Swarztrauber
Department of Neurology, Portland VA Medical Center and Oregon Health Sciences University, 3181 SW Sam Jackson Park Road, Mail Code L 226, Portland, OR 97201, USA
Med Care 40:1196-209. 2002..Recent changes in the US health care system have produced questions about the appropriate roles and responsibilities of generalist and specialist physicians within a primary care-centered health care delivery system...
- Patient attitudes about treatments for intractable epilepsyKari Swarztrauber
Department of Neurology, Portland VAMC, Portland, OR 97207, USA
Epilepsy Behav 4:19-25. 2003....
- Development of quality of care indicators for Parkinson's diseaseEric M Cheng
Parkinson s Disease Research, Education Clinical Center PADRECC, Veterans Affairs Greater Los Angeles Healthcare System, Los Angeles, California 90073, USA
Mov Disord 19:136-50. 2004..01). An expert panel can reach consensus on a set of highly rated quality indicators for PD care, which can be used to assess quality of PD care and guide the design of quality improvement projects...