Affiliation: Stanford University
- A randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled study of ziprasidone monotherapy in bipolar disorder with co-occurring lifetime panic or generalized anxiety disorderTrisha Suppes
VA Palo Alto Health Care System, 3801 Miranda Ave 151T, Palo Alto, CA 94304
J Clin Psychiatry 75:77-84. 2014..Evidence suggests that second-generation antipsychotics (SGAs) may be useful in treating both conditions. This study examined the efficacy of ziprasidone in the treatment of these disorders...
- First controlled treatment trial of bipolar II hypomania with mixed symptoms: quetiapine versus placeboTrisha Suppes
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Stanford University, School of Medicine, Stanford, CA, USA
J Affect Disord 150:37-43. 2013....
- Maintenance treatment for patients with bipolar I disorder: results from a north american study of quetiapine in combination with lithium or divalproex (trial 127)Trisha Suppes
3801 Miranda Ave 151 T, Palo Alto, CA 94304, USA
Am J Psychiatry 166:476-88. 2009..The authors evaluated the efficacy and safety of quetiapine plus lithium or divalproex in the prevention of recurrent mood events in patients with stabilized bipolar I disorder...
- Effectiveness of the extended release formulation of quetiapine as monotherapy for the treatment of acute bipolar depressionTrisha Suppes
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Stanford University School of Medicine, VA Palo Alto Health Care System, Palo Alto, CA, USA
J Affect Disord 121:106-15. 2010..To evaluate the effectiveness of quetiapine extended release once daily in bipolar depression...
- Complexity of pharmacologic treatment required for sustained improvement in outpatients with bipolar disorderRobert M Post
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, George Washington University, Washington, DC, USA
J Clin Psychiatry 71:1176-86; quiz 1252-3. 2010..To evaluate the clinical correlates of and types of naturalistic treatments associated with sustained improvement/remission for at least 6 months in outpatients with bipolar disorder...
- Impact of antidepressant continuation after acute positive or partial treatment response for bipolar depression: a blinded, randomized studyLori L Altshuler
Department of Psychiatry, Veterans Affairs Greater Los Angeles Healthcare System, West Los Angeles Healthcare Center, Los Angeles, CA, USA
J Clin Psychiatry 70:450-7. 2009..To assess long-term outcome in bipolar disorder, subjects were prospectively followed after receiving acute treatment for bipolar depression...
- Bipolar mixed states: an international society for bipolar disorders task force report of symptom structure, course of illness, and diagnosisAlan C Swann
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston, USA
Am J Psychiatry 170:31-42. 2013..However, definitions of mixed states, especially those with prominent depression, are not well established...
- Co-occurrence of serious or undiagnosed medical conditions with bipolar disorder preventing clinical trial randomization: a case seriesNatalie S Feldman
VA Palo Alto Health Care System, Palo Alto, CA, USA
J Clin Psychiatry 73:874-7. 2012..This case series examined reports of co-occurring medical conditions with bipolar disorder in potential clinical study participants, and in particular the percentage of these individuals who were previously unaware of their conditions...
- Subsyndromal depressive symptoms are associated with functional impairment in patients with bipolar disorder: results of a large, multisite studyLori L Altshuler
Department of Psychiatry, VA Greater Los Angeles Healthcare System, West Los Angeles Healthcare Center, CA, USA
J Clin Psychiatry 67:1551-60. 2006..Research examining this relationship in persons with bipolar disorder is rare. This study sought to evaluate the association between subsyndromal depressive symptoms and role functioning in subjects with bipolar disorder...
- Informing DSM-5: biological boundaries between bipolar I disorder, schizoaffective disorder, and schizophreniaVictoria E Cosgrove
Bipolar and Depression Research Program, VA Palo Alto Health Care System, 3801 Miranda Avenue 151T, Palo Alto, CA 94304, USA
BMC Med 11:127. 2013..Evidence from genetics, neuroscience, and pharmacotherapeutics informed the DSM-5 development process. The following discussion will emphasize some of the key factors at the forefront of the debate...
- Reproductive function and risk for PCOS in women treated for bipolar disorderNatalie L Rasgon
Department of Psychiatry, Stanford School of Medicine, Palo Alto, CA, USA
Bipolar Disord 7:246-59. 2005..This study examined the reproductive function and prevalence of polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) in women with bipolar disorder taking antimanic medications...
- Maintenance treatment with quetiapine when combined with either lithium or divalproex in bipolar I disorder: analysis of two large randomized, placebo-controlled trialsTrisha Suppes
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, California Bipolar and Depression Research Program, VA Palo Alto Health Care System, Palo Alto, California
Depress Anxiety 30:1089-98. 2013..In this pooled analysis of two similar long-term studies (D1447C00126 [NCT00107731] and D1447C00127 [NCT00081380]), lithium and divalproex treatment groups were analyzed separately...
- Presentation and prevalence of PTSD in a bipolar disorder population: a STEP-BD examinationJULIA M HERNANDEZ
Palo Alto University, Palo Alto, CA 94404, United States
J Affect Disord 150:450-5. 2013..Although rates of trauma and PTSD are higher in those with bipolar disorder than in the general population, little is known about differences across bipolar subtypes...
- Divalproex and Placebo, Lithium, or Quetiapine for ManiaPATRICIA SUPPES; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Bipolar II Depression: Lithium, SSRI, or the CombinationPATRICIA SUPPES; Fiscal Year: 2006..We also hypothesize that the frequency of side effects will be significantly less in patients on SSRI monotherapy. Thus, secondary aims include assessment of patient satisfaction, which may affect compliance in the clinical setting. ..
- Bipolar II Depression: Lithium, SSRI, or the CombinationTrisha Suppes; Fiscal Year: 2010..We also hypothesize that the frequency of side effects will be significantly less in patients on SSRI monotherapy. Thus, secondary aims include assessment of patient satisfaction, which may affect compliance in the clinical setting. ..