THOMAS C contact SUDHOF
Affiliation: Stanford University
- The presynaptic active zoneThomas C Sudhof
Department of Molecular and Cellular Physiology, and Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, CA 94304 5453, USA
Neuron 75:11-25. 2012..Moreover, this complex mediates short- and long-term plasticity in response to bursts of action potentials, thus critically contributing to the computational power of a synapse...
- Calcium control of neurotransmitter releaseThomas C Sudhof
Department of Molecular and Cellular Physiology, Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, California 94305, USA
Cold Spring Harb Perspect Biol 4:a011353. 2012....
- Neuroligins and neurexins link synaptic function to cognitive diseaseThomas C Sudhof
Neuroscience Institute, Department of Molecular and Cellular Physiology, Stanford University, 1050 Arastradero Road B249, Palo Alto, California 94304, USA
Nature 455:903-11. 2008..In humans, alterations in genes encoding neurexins or neuroligins have recently been implicated in autism and other cognitive diseases, linking synaptic cell adhesion to cognition and its disorders...
- Membrane fusion: grappling with SNARE and SM proteinsThomas C Sudhof
Department of Cellular and Molecular Physiology, Stanford University, Palo Alto, CA 94304, USA
Science 323:474-7. 2009....
- APP, Alzheimer's Disease, and Synaptic FunctionTHOMAS SUDHOF; Fiscal Year: 2007..Together these studies will contribute to our understanding of APP function and Abeta toxicity in AD, and may suggest new avenues for interfering with the pathogenesis of AD. ..
- SYNUCLEIN FUNCTIONS: ROLE IN PARKINSON'S DISEASETHOMAS SUDHOF; Fiscal Year: 2003..We anticipate that these experiments will establish a molecular understanding of synuclein functions in the brain and provide insight into the role of an alpha synuclein in Parkinson's disease. ..
- A systematic test of the relation of ASD heterogeneity to synaptic functionTHOMAS C contact SUDHOF; Fiscal Year: 2010..This project will address these issues by studying the changes in neuron-to-neuron communication caused by the genes associated with autism. ..