Affiliation: Stanford University
- Trabeculectomy with intraoperative 5-fluorouracil vs mitomycin CK Singh
Department of Ophthalmology, Stanford University Medical Center, CA 94305 5308, USA
Am J Ophthalmol 123:48-53. 1997..To compare the effectiveness of intraoperative 5-fluorouracil (5-FU) and mitomycin C used adjunctively with trabeculectomy in a black West African population...
- Trabeculectomy with intraoperative mitomycin C versus 5-fluorouracil. Prospective randomized clinical trialK Singh
Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, California, USA
Ophthalmology 107:2305-9. 2000..To evaluate the relative efficacy and safety of 5-fluorouracil (5-FU) and mitomycin C (MMC) when used as adjuncts with primary trabeculectomy in eyes not at high risk for failure...
- Comparison of phacotrabeculectomy with 5-fluorouracil, mitomycin-C, and without antifibrotic agentsD L Budenz
Scheie Eye Institute, Department of Ophthalmology, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, USA
Ophthalmic Surg Lasers 30:367-74. 1999..To evaluate the potential benefits, complications, and prognostic risk factors for failure of phacotrabeculectomy performed with or without 5-fluorouracil (5-FU) and mitomycin-C (MMC)...
- Age-related macular degeneration and protective effect of HMG Co-A reductase inhibitors (statins): results from the National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey 2005-2008D T Q Barbosa
Department of Ophthalmology, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, CA, USA
Eye (Lond) 28:472-80. 2014..61, 95% CI 0.85-3.03; P=0.137).ConclusionsOur results suggest a possible beneficial effect of statin intake for the prevention of AMD in individuals 68 years of age or older. ..
- Glaucoma and vitamins A, C, and E supplement intake and serum levels in a population-based sample of the United StatesS Y Wang
Department of Ophthalmology, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94143 0730, USA
Eye (Lond) 27:487-94. 2013..To investigate the potential association between glaucoma prevalence and supplemental intake, as well as serum levels of vitamins A, C and E...
- Emerging perspectives on glaucoma: highlights of a roundtable discussionM D Lee
Department of Ophthalmology, Jules Stein Eye Institute, UCLA School of Medicine, Los Angeles, California, USA
Am J Ophthalmol 130:S1-11. 2000..To present emerging perspectives on open-angle glaucoma related to patient compliance, current drug therapy, and treatment options...
- Glaucoma care in West AfricaD L Budenz
Bascom Palmer Eye Institute, Department of Ophthalmology, University of Miami School of Medicine, Florida 33136, USA
J Glaucoma 10:348-53. 2001..The authors draw on the peer review literature and 8 years of personal experience to provide an overview of the prevalence and management of glaucoma in West Africa...