Affiliation: Stanford University
- Population genetic implications from sequence variation in four Y chromosome genesP Shen
Stanford DNA Sequencing and Technology Center, 855 California Avenue, Palo Alto, CA 94304, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 97:7354-9. 2000..Pairwise nucleotide mismatch distributions date the occurrence of population expansion to approximately 28,000 years ago. This estimate is in accord with the spread of Aurignacian technology and the disappearance of the Neanderthals...
- Origins and divergence of the Roma (gypsies)D Gresham
Centre for Human Genetics, Edith Cowan University, Perth, WA, Australia
Am J Hum Genet 69:1314-31. 2001..By contrast, social organization and professional group divisions appear to be the product of a more recent restitution of the caste system of India...
- Y chromosome sequence variation and the history of human populationsP A Underhill
Department of Genetics, Stanford University, Stanford, California
Nat Genet 26:358-61. 2000..A minority of contemporary East Africans and Khoisan represent the descendants of the most ancestral patrilineages of anatomically modern humans that left Africa between 35,000 and 89,000 years ago...
- The Werner syndrome gene and global sequence variationG Passarino
Department of Genetics, Stanford University School of Medicine, 300 Pasteur Drive, Stanford, California 94305, USA
Genomics 71:118-22. 2001..The resulting global nucleotide diversity was 5.226 x 10(-4), with a slight difference between coding and noncoding regions...
- Taxonomic, genetic, chemical and estrogenic characteristics of Epimedium speciesP Shen
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, National University Hospital, Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine, Lower Kent Ridge Road, Singapore 119074, Republic of Singapore
Phytochemistry 68:1448-58. 2007..Such reproducibility will be critical for the standardization of Epimedium-based products...
- Study on performance of granular ANAMMOX process and characterization of the microbial community in sludgeY Yang
Department of Environmental Science and Engineering, Tsinghua University, Beijing 100084, China
Water Sci Technol 54:197-207. 2006..The composition of 'aerobic' ammonium-oxidizing bacteria is only 2% of all of bacteria in reactors...
- [Influence of a G/A substitution at -75 bp promoter region of apolipoprotein A I gene and wine consumption on the plasma apolipoprotein A I levels in Yi and Han Chinese]Q Zhao
Department of Pathology, Institute of Basic Medical Sciences, Peking Union Medical College and Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences, Beijing 100005, China
Zhonghua Bing Li Xue Za Zhi 29:343-6. 2000..To study the influence of a common polymorphism of the human apolipoprotein A I gene promoter at a position of -75 bp upstream of the transcription start site and wine consumption on plasma lipid levels...
- Interaction of alcohol and the G to a substitution at the promoter region of the apolipoprotein AI gene in determining plasma apolipoprotein AI levels in Yi and Han ChineseQ Zhao
Department of Pathology, Medical College of Chinese People s Armed Polices, Tianjin 300162, China
Chin Med J (Engl) 113:471-4. 2000..To investigate the influence on plasma lipid levels of alcohol and a common polymorphism in the human apolipoprotein AI gene promoter at a position 75 bp upstream of the transcription start site...
- Global sequence diversity of BRCA2: analysis of 71 breast cancer families and 95 control individuals of worldwide populationsT M Wagner
Division of Senology, Ludwig Boltzmann Institute for Clinical Experimental Oncology, University of Vienna, 1090 Vienna, Austria
Hum Mol Genet 8:413-23. 1999..Our data indicate that, in BRCA2, simple sequence variation is frequent [in the coding region 1 in 194 bp (straight theta = 2.2 x 10(-4)), and in the non-coding region 1 in 108 bp (straight theta = 4.4 x 10(-4)), respectively]...
- Phylogenetic analysis of L4-mediated autogenous control of the S10 ribosomal protein operonT Allen
Department of Biological Sciences, University of Maryland Baltimore County, Baltimore, Maryland 21250, USA
J Bacteriol 181:6124-32. 1999..coli. We speculate that L4-mediated autogenous control developed during the evolution of the gamma branch of proteobacteria...
- Standardization and evaluation of botanical mixtures: lessons from a traditional Chinese herb, Epimedium, with oestrogenic propertiesE L Yong
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, National University Hospital, Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine, National University of Singapore, Lower Kent Ridge Road, Republic of Singapore 119074
Novartis Found Symp 282:173-88; discussion 188-91, 212-8. 2007....