Jenny I Shen
Affiliation: Stanford University
- Determinants of peritoneal dialysis technique failure in incident US patientsJenny I Shen
Division of Nephrology, Stanford University School of Medicine, 780 Welch Road, Suite 106, Palo Alto, California 94305, USA
Perit Dial Int 33:155-66. 2013..We used Cox regression to examine associations between technique failure and demographic, medical, social, and pre-dialysis factors. We estimated hazard ratios (HRs) with 95% confidence intervals (CIs)...
- Use and safety of heparin-free maintenance hemodialysis in the USAJenny I Shen
Division of Nephrology, Stanford University School of Medicine, Palo Alto, CA, USA
Nephrol Dial Transplant 28:1589-602. 2013..We describe the determinants of heparin-free HD and its association with adverse outcomes using data from a national dialysis provider merged with Medicare claims...
- Use and safety of unfractionated heparin for anticoagulation during maintenance hemodialysisJenny I Shen
Division of Nephrology, Stanford University School of Medicine, Palo Alto, CA 94305, USA
Am J Kidney Dis 60:473-86. 2012..When properly monitored, UFH is a relatively safe and economical choice for anticoagulation in long-term hemodialysis for most patients...
- Anticoagulation for atrial fibrillation in patients on dialysis: are the benefits worth the risks?Jenny I Shen
Division of Nephrology, Stanford University School of Medicine and Veterans Affairs Palo Alto Healthcare System, Palo Alto, California 94304, USA
Curr Opin Nephrol Hypertens 21:600-6. 2012..We summarize the available evidence on the epidemiology of atrial fibrillation in dialysis patients and review the data on the effectiveness of oral anticoagulation in this population...
- Correlates and variance decomposition analysis of heparin dosing for maintenance hemodialysis in older US patientsJenny I Shen
Division of Nephrology, Department of Medicine, Stanford University School of Medicine, Palo Alto, CA, USA
Pharmacoepidemiol Drug Saf 23:515-25. 2014..Heparin is commonly used to anticoagulate the hemodialysis (HD) circuit. Despite the bleeding risk, no American standards exist for its administration. We identified correlates and quantified sources of variance in heparin dosing for HD...