Andrea C Samson
Affiliation: Stanford University
- Perception of other people's mental states affects humor in social anxietyAndrea C Samson
Department of Psychology, Stanford University, 450 Serra Mall, Bldg 420, Stanford, CA 94035, USA
J Behav Ther Exp Psychiatry 43:625-31. 2012..Fifty-six participants rated three types of cartoons and a control condition for comprehensibility and funniness...
- Emotion regulation in Asperger's syndrome and high-functioning autismAndrea C Samson
Department of Psychology, Stanford University, CA 94305, USA
Emotion 12:659-65. 2012..It is important to note that these differences in emotion regulation were evident even when controlling for emotion experience and labeling. Implications of these deficits are discussed, and future research directions are proposed...
- Humour as emotion regulation: the differential consequences of negative versus positive humourAndrea C Samson
Department of Psychology, Stanford University, 450 Serra Mall, Stanford, CA 94305, USA
Cogn Emot 26:375-84. 2012..Taken together, these findings suggest that positive (but not negative) humour may be an effective form of emotion regulation...
- Teasing, ridiculing and the relation to the fear of being laughed at in individuals with Asperger's syndromeAndrea C Samson
Department of Psychology, Stanford University, Stanford, CA, USA
J Autism Dev Disord 41:475-83. 2011..Furthermore, individuals with AS are less able to laugh at themselves (gelotophilia), but enjoy laughing at others (katagelasticism, a more hostile form of humor) to the same extent as controls do...
- Brain activation predicts treatment improvement in patients with major depressive disorderAndrea C Samson
Department of Psychiatry, School of Medicine and Trinity College Institute of Neuroscience, Integrated Neuroimaging, The Adelaide and Meath Hospital incorporating the National Children s Hospital AMNCH, and St James s Hospital, Trinity College, Dublin, Ireland
J Psychiatr Res 45:1214-22. 2011..The present investigation suggests the pCC, dmPFC, SFG, caudate nucleus and insula may have a key role as a biological marker for treatment response and predictor for therapeutic success...