Kim F Rhoads
Affiliation: Stanford University
- How do integrated health care systems address racial and ethnic disparities in colon cancer?Kim F Rhoads
Kim F Rhoads and Yifei Ma, Stanford Cancer Institute Kim F Rhoads, Manali I Patel, and Yifei Ma, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford and Laura A Schmidt, University of California San Francisco Philip R Lee Institute for Health Policy Studies, San Francisco, CA
J Clin Oncol 33:854-60. 2015..The purpose of this study was to determine if exposure to an IHS positively affects quality of care, risk of mortality, and disparities...
- Variation in the quality of surgical care for uterovaginal prolapseKim F Rhoads
Section of Colon and Rectal Surgery, Division of General Surgery, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, CA 94305, USA
Med Care 49:46-51. 2011....
- Factors that influence minority use of high-volume hospitals for colorectal cancer careLyen C Huang
1 Department of Surgery, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, California 2 Stanford Cancer Institute, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, California
Dis Colon Rectum 58:526-32. 2015..Previous studies suggest that minorities cluster in low-quality hospitals despite living close to better performing hospitals. This may contribute to persistent disparities in cancer outcomes...
- Age and genetics: how do prognostic factors at diagnosis explain disparities in acute myeloid leukemia?Manali I Patel
Departments of Medicine, Division of Hematology Oncology Surgery, School of Medicine, Stanford University Stanford Cancer Institute, Stanford, CA
Am J Clin Oncol 38:159-64. 2015..The hypothesis is that survival disparities for blacks and Hispanics with AML will be explained by older age at diagnosis and lower rates of favorable cytogenetics...
- What factors influence minority use of National Cancer Institute-designated cancer centers?Lyen C Huang
Section of Colon and Rectal Surgery, Department of Surgery, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, California
Cancer 120:399-407. 2014..However, racial and ethnic minority populations tend not to use these settings. The current study sought to understand what factors influence minority use of NCI cancer centers...
- Seventh edition (2010) of the AJCC/UICC staging system for gastric adenocarcinoma: is there room for improvement?Manali I Patel
Department of Medicine, Division of Oncology, Stanford University Medical Center, Stanford, CA, USA
Ann Surg Oncol 20:1631-8. 2013..We sought to validate the new system on a U.S. population database...
- Improving the accuracy of prolapse and incontinence procedure epidemiology by utilizing both inpatient and outpatient dataChristopher S Elliott
Department of Urology, Stanford University School of Medicine, 300 Pasteur Drive S287, Stanford, CA, 94305, USA
Int Urogynecol J 24:1939-46. 2013..We present a complete annual description of all inpatient and outpatient surgeries for POP and SUI in California...
- Adequacy of lymph node examination in colorectal surgery: contribution of the hospital versus the surgeonKim F Rhoads
Section of Colon and Rectal Surgery, Department of General Surgery, Stanford University School of Medicine Stanford Cancer Institute, Stanford, CA Department of Community Health and Sustainability University of Massachusetts Lowell, Lowell, MA Department of Pathology, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, CA Department of Society, Human Development, and Health, Harvard University School of Public Health, Boston, MA Philip R Lee Institute for Health Policy Studies, University of California, San Francisco, CA
Med Care 51:1055-62. 2013..This study compares the impact of the hospital contextual variance against that of the operating surgeon on delivery of an adequate LN examination...