Affiliation: Stanford University
- Alterations in cerebrospinal fluid proteins in a presymptomatic primary glioma modelJohn C Whitin
Department of Pediatrics, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, California, United States of America
PLoS ONE 7:e49724. 2012..We now report an assessment of the CSF proteome to determine the changes in protein composition that occur during this period...
- Steroid-sparing effect of corticorelin acetate in peritumoral cerebral edema is associated with improvement in steroid-induced myopathyLawrence Recht
Department of Neurology, Advanced Medicine Clinic, Stanford University School of Medicine, 875 Blake Wilbur Dr, Stanford, CA 94305, USA
J Clin Oncol 31:1182-7. 2013..To compare the safety and efficacy of corticorelin acetate (CrA) and placebo in patients with malignant brain tumors requiring chronic administration of dexamethasone (DEX) to control the signs and symptoms of peritumoral brain edema (PBE)...
- A distinct phenotypic change in gliomas at the time of magnetic resonance imaging detectionTaichang Jang
Department of Neurology, Stanford University Medical School, Stanford, California 94305, USA
J Neurosurg 108:782-90. 2008....
- Osteopontin expression in intratumoral astrocytes marks tumor progression in gliomas induced by prenatal exposure to N-ethyl-N-nitrosoureaTaichang Jang
Department of Neurology and Clinical Neurosciences, Stanford University Medical School, Stanford, California 94305 5487, USA
Am J Pathol 168:1676-85. 2006..Based on these findings, we conclude that OPN overexpression in ENU-induced gliomas occurs within a specific subset of intratumoral glial fibrillary acidic protein-positive cells and becomes evident at the stage of tumor progression...
- Metabolite kinetics in C6 rat glioma model using magnetic resonance spectroscopic imaging of hyperpolarized [1-(13)C]pyruvateJae Mo Park
Department of Electrical Engineering, Stanford University, Stanford, California, USA
Magn Reson Med 68:1886-93. 2012..12 ± 0.02 for glioma, normal brain, and vasculature, respectively. The data suggest that the apparent conversion rate better differentiate glioma from normal brain (P = 0.001, n = 6) than the lactate-to-pyruvate ratio (P = 0.02)...
- 5'-AMP-activated protein kinase activity is elevated early during primary brain tumor development in the ratTaichang Jang
Department of Neurology and Clinical Neurosciences, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, CA 94305, USA
Int J Cancer 128:2230-9. 2011..Based on these observations, we propose that neurocarcinogenesis requires AMPK-dependent regulation of cellular energy metabolism...
- Thrombin-cleaved fragments of osteopontin are overexpressed in malignant glial tumors and provide a molecular niche with survival advantageYasuto Yamaguchi
Division of Hematology, Department of Medicine, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, California 94305, USA
J Biol Chem 288:3097-111. 2013..OPN cleavage contributes to GBM development by allowing more cells to bind in niches where they acquire anti-apoptotic properties...
- Time-lapse imaging of disease progression in deep brain areas using fluorescence microendoscopyRobert P J Barretto
James H Clark Center for Biomedical Engineering and Sciences, Stanford University, Stanford, California, USA
Nat Med 17:223-8. 2011..Time-lapse microendoscopy will be applicable to studies of numerous disorders, including neurovascular, neurological, cancerous and trauma-induced conditions...
- Optimizing therapy for patients with brain metastasesTimothy Kuo
Department of Medical Oncology, Stanford University Medical School, Palo Alto, CA 94305, USA
Semin Oncol 33:299-306. 2006....
- Simultaneous perfusion and permeability measurements using combined spin- and gradient-echo MRIHeiko Schmiedeskamp
Lucas Center, Department of Radiology, Stanford University, Stanford, California 94305 5488, USA
J Cereb Blood Flow Metab 33:732-43. 2013..Furthermore, extracted permeability parameters were in good agreement with elevated T1-weighted postcontrast signal values...
- Stem Cell Plasticity after Blastocyst ImplantationLawrence Recht; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Quantifying Cortical Neuron Production After TransplantationLawrence Recht; Fiscal Year: 2008..The ability to control the neuronal differentiation of these cells so that they can produce specific cell subsets should therefore be of great value in developing better therapeutic strategies for this problem. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- CDOn: A Novel Marker of Neuronal Stem CellsLawrence Recht; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..