Affiliation: Stanford University
- Rando T, Chang H. Aging, rejuvenation, and epigenetic reprogramming: resetting the aging clock. Cell. 2012;148:46-57 pubmed publisher..By defining youthfulness and senescence as epigenetic states, a framework for asking new questions about the aging process emerges. ..
- Rodgers J, Schroeder M, Ma C, Rando T. HGFA Is an Injury-Regulated Systemic Factor that Induces the Transition of Stem Cells into GAlert. Cell Rep. 2017;19:479-486 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that factors that induce GAlert will have broad therapeutic applications for regenerative medicine and wound healing. ..
- Rando T, Disatnik M, Zhou L. Rescue of dystrophin expression in mdx mouse muscle by RNA/DNA oligonucleotides. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2000;97:5363-8 pubmed..These results provide the foundation for further studies of chimeraplast-mediated gene therapy as a therapeutic approach to muscular dystrophies and other genetic disorders of muscle...
- Luo D, de Morrée A, Boutet S, Quach N, Natu V, Rustagi A, et al. Deltex2 represses MyoD expression and inhibits myogenic differentiation by acting as a negative regulator of Jmjd1c. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2017;114:E3071-E3080 pubmed publisher..These results reveal a mechanism by which a member of the Deltex family of proteins can inhibit cellular differentiation, and demonstrate a role of Deltex in the epigenetic regulation of myogenesis. ..
- de Morrée A, van Velthoven C, Gan Q, Salvi J, Klein J, Akimenko I, et al. Staufen1 inhibits MyoD translation to actively maintain muscle stem cell quiescence. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2017;114:E8996-E9005 pubmed publisher..Conversely, blocking MyoD translation maintains the quiescent phenotype. Collectively, our data show that MuSCs express MyoD mRNA and actively repress its translation to remain quiescent yet primed for activation. ..