Affiliation: Stanford University
- How do children with eating disorders differ from adolescents with eating disorders at initial evaluation?Rebecka Peebles
Division of Adolescent Medicine, Department of Pediatrics, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, California 94040, USA
J Adolesc Health 39:800-5. 2006..To compare the clinical presentation of children with eating disorders (ED) to that of adolescents with ED...
- Surfing for thinness: a pilot study of pro-eating disorder Web site usage in adolescents with eating disordersJenny L Wilson
Division of Adolescent Medicine, Stanford University School of Medicine, 1174 Castro St, Mountain View, CA 94040, USA
Pediatrics 118:e1635-43. 2006..Although use of these sites was not associated with other health outcomes, usage may have a negative impact on quality of life and result in adolescents' learning about and adopting disordered eating behaviors...
- Adolescent obesity: etiology, office evaluation, and treatmentRebecka Peebles
Division of Adolescent Medicine, Department of Pediatrics, Stanford University School of Medicine, 1174 Castro Street, Suite 250A, Mountain View, CA 94040, USA
Adolesc Med State Art Rev 19:380-405, vii. 2008..Currently, universal cholesterol screening of adolescents is the most cost-effective method of identifying individuals with familial hypercholesterolemia who need intensive and early preventive care...
- Are diagnostic criteria for eating disorders markers of medical severity?Rebecka Peebles
Division of Adolescent Medicine, Department of Pediatrics, Stanford University School of Medicine, Mountain View, CA 94040, USA
Pediatrics 125:e1193-201. 2010..The objective of this study was to compare the medical severity of adolescents who had eating disorders not otherwise specified (EDNOS) with those who had anorexia nervosa (AN) and bulimia nervosa (BN)...
- Self-injury in adolescents with eating disorders: correlates and provider biasRebecka Peebles
Department of Pediatrics, Stanford University School of Medicine, Mountain View, CA, USA
J Adolesc Health 48:310-3. 2011..This study examines the prevalence of SIB and SIB screening in adolescents with ED, and associations with binge eating, purging, and diagnosis...
- Methamphetamine use following bariatric surgery in an adolescentSanjeev Dutta
Department of Surgery, Lucile Packard Children s Hospital, Stanford University Medical Center, Stanford, CA 94305, USA
Obes Surg 16:780-2. 2006..The consequent appetite suppression may manifest with signs of malnutrition such as bradycardia, hypotension, and weakness. Inpatient nutritional rehabilitation and psychiatric assessment should be considered...
- The Eating Disorders Examination in adolescent males with anorexia nervosa: how does it compare to adolescent females?Alison M Darcy
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, California 94305, USA
Int J Eat Disord 45:110-4. 2012..The study aimed to explore the Eating Disorder Examination (EDE) for adolescent males with eating disorders (EDs) compared with adolescent females with EDs...