Genomes and Genes
Christopher Y Park
Affiliation: Stanford University
- Cancer stem cell-directed therapies: recent data from the laboratory and clinicChristopher Y Park
Institute for Stem Cell Biology and Regenerative Medicine, Stanford University, Palo Alto, California, USA
Mol Ther 17:219-30. 2009..Herein, we highlight recent studies that demonstrate the utility of CSC-directed therapies and discuss the implications of the CSC hypothesis to experimental design and therapeutic strategies...
- Therapeutic antibody targeting of CD47 eliminates human acute lymphoblastic leukemiaMark P Chao
Institute for Stem Cell Biology and Regenerative Medicine, Stanford Cancer Center, and Ludwig Center at Stanford, Palo Alto, California, USA
Cancer Res 71:1374-84. 2011..These data provide preclinical support for the development of an anti-CD47 antibody therapy for treatment of human ALL...
- Hematopoietic stem cell and progenitor cell mechanisms in myelodysplastic syndromesWendy W Pang
Institute for Stem Cell Biology and Regenerative Medicine, Ludwig Center for Cancer Stem Cell Research and Medicine, and Department of Pathology, Stanford University, Stanford, CA 94305, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 110:3011-6. 2013....
- Calreticulin is the dominant pro-phagocytic signal on multiple human cancers and is counterbalanced by CD47Mark P Chao
Institute for Stem Cell Biology and Regenerative Medicine, Stanford Cancer Center, and Ludwig Center at Stanford, Stanford, CA 94305, USA
Sci Transl Med 2:63ra94. 2010....
- In vivo evaluation of human hematopoiesis through xenotransplantation of purified hematopoietic stem cells from umbilical cord bloodChristopher Y Park
Institute for Stem Cell Biology and Regenerative Medicine, Stanford University, 1050 Arastradero Road, Palo Alto, California 94304, USA
Nat Protoc 3:1932-40. 2008..Short-term and long-term engraftment is assessed 4-6 weeks and 10-12 weeks post-transplantation, respectively, with preparation and analysis time requiring 4-8 h at each time point...
- Anti-CD47 antibody synergizes with rituximab to promote phagocytosis and eradicate non-Hodgkin lymphomaMark P Chao
Institute for Stem Cell Biology and Regenerative Medicine, Stanford Cancer Center, and Ludwig Center at Stanford, Stanford University, Palo Alto, CA 94304, USA
Cell 142:699-713. 2010..These antibodies synergized through a mechanism combining Fc receptor (FcR)-dependent and FcR-independent stimulation of phagocytosis that might be applicable to many other cancers...
- Reduced ribosomal protein gene dosage and p53 activation in low-risk myelodysplastic syndromeKelly A McGowan
Departments of Genetics, Stanford University, Stanford, CA, USA
Blood 118:3622-33. 2011....
- CD47 is upregulated on circulating hematopoietic stem cells and leukemia cells to avoid phagocytosisSiddhartha Jaiswal
Ludwig Center at Stanford, Stanford Cancer Center, Department of Pathology, Institute for Stem Cell Biology and Regenerative Medicine, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, CA 94305, USA
Cell 138:271-85. 2009..We conclude that CD47 upregulation is an important mechanism that provides protection to normal HSCs during inflammation-mediated mobilization, and that leukemic progenitors co-opt this ability in order to evade macrophage killing...
- Identification of a hierarchy of multipotent hematopoietic progenitors in human cord bloodRavindra Majeti
Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Hematology, Stanford University, Palo Alto, CA 94304, USA
Cell Stem Cell 1:635-45. 2007..Furthermore, we report the first prospective isolation of a population of candidate human multipotent progenitors, Lin-CD34+CD38-CD90-CD45RA- cord blood...
- CNS T-cell lymphoma: an under-recognized entity?Mohanpal Singh Dulai
Department of Pathology, Stanford University Medical Center, 300 Pasteur Drive, Edwards Room R 241, Stanford, CA 94305, USA
Acta Neuropathol 115:345-56. 2008....
- Functional role of microRNA in acute myeloid leukemia stem cells and their normalCHRISTOPHER PARK; Fiscal Year: 2007..Given the strength of Stanford's clinical divisions (adult and pediatric hematology/oncology, bone marrow transplant, hematopathology), there is significant tissue access as well as opportunities to work with clinical colleagues. ..