Seshadri C Mudumbai
Affiliation: Stanford University
- Association of age and packed red blood cell transfusion to 1-year survival--an observational study of ICU patientsS C Mudumbai
Anesthesiology and Perioperative Care Service Center for Health Care Evaluation, VA Palo Alto Health Care System, Palo Alto, CA 94304, USA
Transfus Med 23:231-7. 2013..To compare the 1-year survival for different age strata of intensive care unit (ICU) patients after receipt of packed red blood cell (PRBC) transfusions...
- Vascular surgery patients prescribed preoperative β-blockers experienced a decrease in the maximal heart rate observed during induction of general anesthesiaSeshadri C Mudumbai
Anesthesiology and Perioperative Care Service, Veterans Affairs Palo Alto Health Care System, Palo Alto, CA 94304, USA
J Cardiothorac Vasc Anesth 26:414-9. 2012..To investigate the association of preoperative β-blocker usage and maximal heart rates observed during the induction of general anesthesia...
- External validation of simulation-based assessments with other performance measures of third-year anesthesiology residentsSeshadri C Mudumbai
Anesthesia Service, VA Palo Alto Health Care System, Palo Alto, CA 94304, USA
Simul Healthc 7:73-80. 2012..We hypothesized that technical and nontechnical performance in the simulated environment is related to other various criterion measures, providing evidence to support the validity of the scores from the performance-based assessment...
- Use of medical simulation to explore equipment failures and human-machine interactions in anesthesia machine pipeline supply crossoverSeshadri C Mudumbai
Anesthesia Service, Palo Alto, CA 94304, USA
Anesth Analg 110:1292-6. 2010..We present the use of an equipment malfunction simulation scenario, oxygen (O(2))/nitrous oxide (N(2)O) pipeline crossover, to probe residents' knowledge and their use of anesthetic equipment in a rapidly escalating crisis...
- Association of admission hematocrit with 6-month and 1-year mortality in intensive care unit patientsSeshadri C Mudumbai
Anesthesiology Service, Center for Health Care Evaluation, VA Palo Alto HCS, Palo Alto, California, USA
Transfusion 51:2148-59. 2011..This study examined the association of hematocrit (Hct) levels measured upon intensive care unit (ICU) admission and red blood cell transfusions to long-term (1-year or 180-day) mortality for both surgical and medical patients...