Affiliation: Stanford University
- The early history of the cochlear implant: a retrospectiveAlbert Mudry
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, CA 94305, USA
JAMA Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 139:446-53. 2013..This retrospective, published shortly after the death of inventor William F. House-and more than 50 years after placement of the first CI-offers a precise account of the early experimental period...
- Disputes surrounding the discovery of the stapes in the mid 16th centuryAlbert Mudry
Department of Otolaryngology, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, California 94305 5328, USA
Otol Neurotol 34:588-92. 2013..The discovery of the stapes will remain a subject of controversy, until new, previously unknown documents, demonstrate the contrary...
- The tympanostomy tube: an ingenious invention of the mid 19th centuryAlbert Mudry
Stanford University School of Medicine, 801 Welch Road, Stanford, CA 94305 5328, USA
Int J Pediatr Otorhinolaryngol 77:153-7. 2013..Widespread introduction into otological practice did not occur until the mid 20th century invention of the operating microscope...
- Historical background of bone conduction hearing devices and bone conduction hearing aidsAlbert Mudry
Department Otolaryngology, Stanford University, Palo Alto, Calif, USA
Adv Otorhinolaryngol 71:1-9. 2011..From that date, various improvements allowed the development of the actual Baha. These different steps are presented in this study, supported by original documentation...
- The making of a career: Joseph Toynbee's first steps in otologyA Mudry
Department of Otolaryngology, Stanford University, Palo Alto, USA
J Laryngol Otol 126:2-7. 2012..This paper evaluates several exchanges between Toynbee and Curtis, Wright and Turnbull...
- The history of middle cranial fossa approach to the cerebellopontine angleAshkan Monfared
Department of Otolaryngology, Stanford University, Palo Alto, California 94305, USA
Otol Neurotol 31:691-6. 2010..To investigate the historical origins of the current middle fossa (MF) approach to the cerebellopontine angle (CPA)...