Affiliation: Stanford University
- Flk2+ myeloid progenitors are the main source of Langerhans cellsInes Mende
Stanford Blood Center, 3373 Hillview Ave, Palo Alto, CA 94304, USA
Blood 107:1383-90. 2006..These results indicate that LCs are derived mainly from myeloid progenitors and are dependent on Flt3-ligand for their development...
- Developmental origin of interferon-alpha-producing dendritic cells from hematopoietic precursorsHolger Karsunky
Department of Pathology, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, Calif, USA
Exp Hematol 33:173-81. 2005....
- Breaking tolerance to tumors with dendritic cell-based immunotherapyInes Mende
Department of Pathology, Stanford University School of Medicine, Palo Alto, California 94305, USA
Ann N Y Acad Sci 1058:96-104. 2005..Two approaches to DC targeting are described in this review, both of which have been shown to overcome immune tolerance to tumors and induce dramatic tumor regression...
- Breaking self-tolerance to tumor-associated antigens by in vivo manipulation of dendritic cellsInes Mende
Department of Pathology, Stanford University School of Medicine, Palo Alto, CA, USA
Methods Mol Biol 380:457-68. 2007..Strategies that allow DC to gain access to both tumor antigens and TLR agonists, in situ, can overcome tumor tolerance leading to the induction of potent systemic antitumor immunity...
- High levels of the onco-protein Gfi-1 accelerate T-cell proliferation and inhibit activation induced T-cell death in Jurkat T-cellsHolger Karsunky
, IFZ, , Virchowstrasse 173, D-45122 Essen, Germany
Oncogene 21:1571-9. 2002..These findings suggest that Gfi-1 contributes to T-cell lymphomagenesis by overriding a late G1 cell cycle checkpoint which controls activation induced death and S phase entry of T-cells...
- A subset of human dendritic cells in the T cell area of mucosa-associated lymphoid tissue with a high potential to produce TNF-alphaAnnegret de Baey
Micromet AG, Munich, Germany
J Immunol 170:5089-94. 2003..We infer that selective elimination of M-DC8(+) cells in inflammatory diseases has therapeutic potential...
- Highly efficient antigen targeting to M-DC8+ dendritic cells via FcgammaRIII/CD16-specific antibody conjugatesInes Mende
Micromet AG, Staffelseestrasse 2, 81477 Munich, Germany
Int Immunol 17:539-47. 2005..Our data demonstrate that specific antigen targeting via CD16 on M-DC8(+) DC is a promising vaccination approach for the efficient induction of specific CD4(+) T cell responses ex vivo, and perhaps in vivo...
- Incorporation of CpG oligonucleotide ligand into protein-loaded particle vaccines promotes antigen-specific CD8 T-cell immunityStephany M Standley
Department of Chemistry, University of California, Berkeley, California 94729 1460, USA
Bioconjug Chem 18:77-83. 2007....