- Overlap of anxiety and depression in a managed care population: Prevalence and association with resource utilization
Trent P McLaughlin
NDCHealth, Phoenix, AZ, USA
J Clin Psychiatry 67:1187-93. 2006
..Further, to compare the impact of having both conditions with having neither or either condition alone...
- A claims analysis comparing citalopram with sertraline as initial pharmacotherapy for a new episode of depression: impact on depression-related treatment charges
Trent P McLaughlin
NDCHealth, Phoenix, Arizona 85016, USA
Clin Ther 26:115-24. 2004
..The impact of using citalopram (instead of other SSRIs) on total treatment costs has not been studied extensively...
- Pharmacy and medical costs associated with switching between venlafaxine and SSRI antidepressant therapy for the treatment of major depressive disorder
Rezaul K Khandker
Global Health Outcomes Assessment, Wyeth Research, 500 Arcola Rd, Collegeville, PA 19426, USA
J Manag Care Pharm 14:426-41. 2008
- Impact of cotherapy with some proton pump inhibitors on medical claims among HMO patients already using other common drugs also cleared by cytochrome P450
Denis M McCarthy
VA Medical Center and University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA
Am J Ther 10:330-40. 2003
..After adjustment, the first three associations remained significant. Coprescription of a PPI with potentially interacting drugs was common in practice and associated with significantly increased claims for medical care...
- The economic effect of switching from sildenafil to another phosphodiesterase type 5 inhibitor
James P Harnett
U S Outcomes Research, Pfizer Inc, New York City, NY 10017, USA
Manag Care Interface 19:22-6, 36. 2006
..51; P < .001). Regression analysis estimated that corrected ED-attributable and overall costs were 41% (P < .001) and 43% (P < .001) higher for patients who switched versus those who refilled sildenafil, respectively...
- The economic impact of children dispensed asthma medications without an asthma diagnosis
David A Stempel
Infomed Northwest Bellevue and University of Washington, Bellevue, Washington 98004, USA
J Pediatr 148:819-23. 2006
..To compare the resource utilization and healthcare costs of children with a diagnosis of asthma, children dispensed asthma medications but without a diagnosis of asthma, and control children...
- Impact of therapy initiation with amlodipine or losartan on hemodynamic endpoints and JNC-VI blood pressure stage
Capital Cardiology Associates, Albany, NY, USA
Am J Ther 13:94-100. 2006
..Amlodipine therapy was superior to losartan therapy among this population of hypertensive patients...
- Daily cost of an intensive care unit day: the contribution of mechanical ventilation
Joseph F Dasta
The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH, USA
Crit Care Med 33:1266-71. 2005
..To quantify the mean daily cost of intensive care, identify key factors associated with increased cost, and determine the incremental cost of mechanical ventilation during a day in the intensive care unit...
- Comparison of managed care charges among patients treated with selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors for premenstrual dysphoric disorder
New York State Psychiatric Institute, New York, NY, USA
J Clin Psychiatry 64:1511-6. 2003
..To determine the impact on managed care charges of selecting citalopram, fluoxetine, paroxetine, or sertraline as first-line pharmacotherapy for newly diagnosed premenstrual dysphoric disorder (PMDD)...
- Characteristics, drug therapy, and outcomes from a database of 500,000 hospitalized patients with a discharge diagnosis of heart failure
Tien M H Ng
University of Southern California, School of Pharmacy, Los Angeles, CA 90033, USA
Congest Heart Fail 14:202-10. 2008
..HF commonly exists in hospitalized patients and is associated with significant morbidity, mortality, and economic burden, irrespective of whether it is the primary diagnosis or a secondary comorbidity...