Timothy R McAdams
Affiliation: Stanford University
- Long-term follow-up of surgical release of the A(1) pulley in childhood trigger thumbTimothy R McAdams
Carrie Tingley Hospital, University of New Mexico Health Sciences Center, 1127 University Boulevard, Albuquerque, NM 87102, U S A
J Pediatr Orthop 22:41-3. 2002....
- Tibial aperture bone disruption after retrograde versus antegrade tibial tunnel drilling: a cadaveric studyTimothy R McAdams
Department of Orthpaedic Surgery, Stanford University, 1000 Welch Road, Suite 100, Palo Alto, CA 94304, USA
Knee Surg Sports Traumatol Arthrosc 16:818-22. 2008..The use of retrograde drilling in ACL reconstruction may decrease synovialization of the graft-tissue interface when compared to antegrade drilling...
- Deltoid flap combined with fascia lata autograft for rotator cuff defects: a histologic studyTimothy R McAdams
Division of Sports Medicine, Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Stanford University Medical Center, 1000 Welch Road, Suite 100, Palo Alto, CA, 94304, USA
Knee Surg Sports Traumatol Arthrosc 15:1144-9. 2007..A mutually beneficial relationship may exist when an autogenous fascial graft is combined with a functional deltoid flap for reconstructing large rotator cuff defects...
- Arthroscopic treatment of triangular fibrocartilage wrist injuries in the athleteTimothy R McAdams
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Stanford University, Stanford, California, USA
Am J Sports Med 37:291-7. 2009..Previous studies show that arthroscopic debridement or repair can improve symptoms, but the results of arthroscopic treatment of TFC injuries in high-level athletes have not yet been reported...
- Surgical decompression of the quadrilateral space in overhead athletesTimothy R McAdams
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Stanford University, 1000 Welch Road, Suite 100, Palo Alto, CA 94304, USA
Am J Sports Med 36:528-32. 2008..The authors describe 4 cases of quadrilateral space syndrome that may assist clinicians in recognition of this problem in patients with posterior shoulder pain...
- Arthroscopic evaluation of scaphoid waist fracture stability and the role of the radioscaphocapitate ligamentTimothy R McAdams
Division of Hand and Upper Extremity Surgery, Stanford University Hospital, Palo Alto, California 94304, USA
Arthroscopy 20:152-7. 2004..The purpose of this article is to arthroscopically evaluate the effect of forearm rotation on scaphoid fracture displacement and the impact of intra-articular ligament sectioning...
- Two ulnar collateral ligament reconstruction methods: the docking technique versus bioabsorbable interference screw fixation--a biomechanical evaluation with cyclic loadingTimothy R McAdams
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Sports Medicine Service, Stanford University, Stanford, CA, USA
J Shoulder Elbow Surg 16:224-8. 2007..In this study, bioabsorbable interference screw fixation resulted in less valgus angle widening in response to early cyclic valgus load as compared with the docking technique...
- Biomechanical evaluation of a novel reverse coracoacromial ligament reconstruction for acromioclavicular joint separationBeatrice Shu
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Stanford University, CA, USA
Am J Sports Med 40:440-6. 2012..Enhancing anterior-posterior (AP) stability in acromioclavicular (AC) reconstruction may be advantageous...
- The effect of arthroscopic sectioning of the lateral ligament complex of the elbow on posterolateral rotatory stabilityTimothy R McAdams
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Stanford University Hospital, Palo Alto, CA 94305 5341, USA
J Shoulder Elbow Surg 14:298-301. 2005..Furthermore, the overlying musculature plays an important role in overall stability...
- Arthroscopic repair of the scapholunate interosseous ligamentEric S Stuffmann
Department of Orthopedic Surgery, Stanford University, CA, USA
Tech Hand Up Extrem Surg 14:204-8. 2010..The mean distance of these wires distal to the center of the dSLIL is presented. Then the technique of arthroscopic repair of the dSLIL was developed using additional cadaveric wrist specimens. The technique is described...
- An analysis of four ulnar collateral ligament reconstruction procedures with cyclic valgus loadingRoshan P Shah
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Sports Medicine Service, Stanford University, Palo Alto, CA 94304, USA
J Shoulder Elbow Surg 18:58-63. 2009..Further study is needed to evaluate the clinical value of the TOFU procedure as an arthroscopically assisted technique...
- In vivo anatomy of the Neer and Hawkins sign positions for shoulder impingementGeorge P Pappas
Medical Center, Stanford University School of Medicine, 300 Pasteur Drive, Stanford, CA 94305, USA
J Shoulder Elbow Surg 15:40-9. 2006..This extensive intraarticular contact suggests that internal impingement may play a role in the Neer and Hawkins signs...
- An anatomic study of the coracoid process as it relates to bone transfer proceduresChristopher M Dolan
Department of Orthopaedics and Division of Sports Medicine, Stanford University, Palo Alto, CA, USA
J Shoulder Elbow Surg 20:497-501. 2011..The purpose of this study was to describe the soft tissue attachments of the coracoid as they relate to the bony anatomy and to define the average amount of bone available for use in coracoid transfer...
- Ultrasound-guided musculoskeletal interventions in American football: 18 years of experienceRadhika B Dave
1 Department of Radiology, Stanford University, 300 Pasteur Dr, Rm H 1302F, Stanford, CA 94305
AJR Am J Roentgenol 203:W674-83. 2014..This article summarizes 18 years of experience with 128 ultrasound-guided drainages and injections in 69 football players with 88 injuries...
- Ligament and tendon injury to the elbow: clinical, surgical, and imaging featuresJustin D Saliman
Division of Sports Medicine, Department of Orthopedic Surgery, Stanford University, Stanford, CA, USA
Top Magn Reson Imaging 17:327-36. 2006..The use of magnetic resonance imaging is highlighted throughout because this modality has revolutionized noninvasive evaluation of the elbow...
- Injury to the dorsal sensory branch of the ulnar nerve in the arthroscopic repair of ulnar-sided triangular fibrocartilage tears using an inside-out technique: a cadaver studyTimothy R McAdams
Division of Hand and Upper Extremity Surgery, Stanford University Hospital, Palo Alto, CA 94304, USA
J Hand Surg Am 27:840-4. 2002..The DBUN is variable in its course but in every case it passes in close proximity to the sutures that exit the ulnar side of the wrist in arthroscopic repair of ulnar-sided TFC tears...
- Central screw placement in percutaneous screw scaphoid fixation: a cadaveric comparison of proximal and distal techniquesKeith W Chan
Department of Hand and Upper Limb Surgery, 900 Welch Road, Suite 15, Palo Alto, CA 94304, USA
J Hand Surg Am 29:74-9. 2004..The purpose of this cadaveric study is to investigate whether the proximal or distal approach for percutaneous screw scaphoid fixation allows for more central placement of the screw...
- Nerve injuries about the elbowSanaz Hariri
Sports Medicine, Orthopaedic Surgery, Stanford University, 1169 Trinity Drive, Menlo Park, CA 94025, USA
Clin Sports Med 29:655-75. 2010..Tailoring the surgery and rehabilitation protocol according to the functional requirements of that athlete's sport(s) can help optimize the operative outcomes for recalcitrant cases...
- Acute compartment syndrome of the thigh in a football athlete: a case report and the role of the vacuum-assisted wound closure dressingArthur T Lee
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Stanford University, Palo Alto, CA 94305 5341, USA
J Orthop Trauma 19:748-50. 2005..We feel that any surgeon involved in performing fasciotomies should be familiar with this increasingly used closure device and its potential complications...
- Magnetic resonance imaging in diagnosis of chronic posterolateral rotatory instability of the elbowMichael W Grafe
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Stanford University Hospital, Palo Alto, California 94304, USA
Am J Orthop (Belle Mead NJ) 32:501-3; discussion 504. 2003..Confirmation of a chronic tear of the lateral ulnar collateral ligament of the elbow with magnetic resonance imaging can be difficult and sometimes misleading...
- Injury to the deep motor branch of the ulnar nerve during hook of hamate excisionMichael Fredericson
Department of Orthopedic Surgery, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, CA, USA
Orthopedics 29:456-8. 2006
- Dorsoulnar wrist ganglion associated with os ulnostyloideum: a case reportObi U Osuji
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Howard University, Washington, DC, USA
Am J Orthop (Belle Mead NJ) 36:E94-6. 2007
- The role of plain films and computed tomography in the evaluation of scapular neck fracturesTimothy R McAdams
Hand and Upper Extremity Surgery, Stanford University Hospital, Palo Alto, California, USA
J Orthop Trauma 16:7-11. 2002..To assess the ability of plain films and computed tomography scans to show the pattern, displacement, and angulation of scapular neck fractures. To assess the ability of computed tomography to identify concomitant occult shoulder injuries...